VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

24 X 48 ILP Greenhouse

Rate this question

FormerMember

Question

VA sent out their Voc Rehab counselor to present me with the Individualized Independent Living  Plan (IILP). They chieu hoi'd and are not going to play keepaway. Seems someone in DC said "We don't want to see this at the CAVC." Full size and full hydroponics. He forbid growing pot in it though as its a federal grant. Two year plan and they pick up the propane and electricity bills during that time. All the hydroponic computer gear, 12 2000W halide lights, raised tables, storage tanks, pumps. Plumbing, wiring and propane gas utilities hooked up. Just add seeds (not included). It only took five years and a trip to the BVA.

amen.

Alex,

I just wanted to thank you for taking your time to share your ILP  experience on the just completed talk show.  I really enjoyed it and hope to continue learning from you.  I am truly amazed at your knowledge and tenacity.  Keep up the great work that you do to guide us veterans in the right direction; you are a great teacher. 

Pedro

Pedro L

Even a good teacher was once a grasshopper. It certainly isn't what you learn but what you do with the knowledge afterwards. Logic tells me what I did was nothing more than follow another great teacher's technique (Bruce McCartney). He did four tours back-to- back as a combat dustoff medic. 68-72. He is 100% for PTSD and he wrangled a greenhouse out of the Atlanta RO. He was my inspiration. Hell, I was a xxxxx. I only did two tours.

Fighting VA is akin to a poker game. Don't hold on to a weak hand.  Always play from a position of strength. Always have an alternate plan for any contingency. But always have that ace of a IMO up your sleeve on appeal. We Vets have VR&E at a tactical disadvantage. They are fighting to suppress a viable program (ILP) and have no good, viable arguments. We occupy the high ground and merely need to stay in the fight to the end. There was simply no way VA could allow my appeal to go to the CAVC. I'm already 2 for 3 up there  and have shown my inclination to litigate to the end. That's why my battle flag is emblematic of our plight.

Asknod's  VA Logo.jpg

Edited by asknod

I am 100% + 80 , I would love a woodworking shop. This would keep me busy in the winter. Now I spend  winters sleeping, in pain and depressed. There is no way I could fight that type of battle with the VA. I am 100% PTSD/Depression. I run from conflict. I'm sure that is what the VA is depending on, Folks that really need this program but cannot fight for it. 

David

• HadIt.com Elder

David,

if this will help you why not apply for it.

a woodworking shop would be pretty cool  and to get you out an about is what its all about my friend.

I'm sure after Alex (Asknod) gets his greenhouse all set up  and gets his Certification for VA Accredited Adjudicator or what ever they call it VSO maybe?

He will help you,  are on SMC S-1 and K? Also?

I think all you need to qualify is to be 100%P&T  SMC's would probably help  but I don't think its required for the ILP, however i'm not sure?

Your disability is one that  the woodworking shop would be a added benefit for ya.

File for it my friend..all they can do is say no...or deny...but ya got to apply for it my friend.

jmo

....................Buck