VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Financial question

Rate this question

Silent Uproar

Question

I have a question as I was reading through some old posts and saw a statement that stated when asked if you are able to handle your finances, you should always say yes in regards to a PTSD claim. My wife and I handle finances as I will always forget to pay the bills. I do check all transactions. If asked  is it a problem stating my wife handles all my finances even though we will be getting divorced down the road, as they already are aware of my situation with my wife. Berta if you don't mind I saw a post you were commenting on this matter, if you could please give me your advice I would greatly appreciate it, or if anyone else has had a similar situation.

Thank you

4 answers to this question

• Founder

if you tell them your wife handles the bills and sometimes you forget to pay them i'm pretty sure that will bring up the fiduciary question i would not bring that up. you may think that you have a good system in place but they will want to cement it into a fiduciary situation.

Agreed.  If you tell the doc you forget to pay your bills, then dont be suprised if VA gives you an unknown fiduciary.  

Instead, do this:

1.  YOU pick out a fiduciary if you need help.  Get someone YOU trust.  Maybe a family member, trusted friend, or your bookeeper/accountant.   Dont let VA make that decision for you, and tell VA that you have it all handled...that you and your bookeeper are doing a nice job, thank you very much.  

2.  Va will likely pick out a sheister lawyer who is well connectected politically, who has a criminal record.  Its mandantory to be come a VA fiduciary that you have a criminal background, since VA likes to deal with "one of their own".  The VA is looking for more prey that these predators can steal money from.  Dont be the next victim.  

http://www.disabledveterans.org/2014/05/30/va-fiduciary-abuse-almost-1-million-payments-veterans-misused/

Thanks Bronco,

i had 2 C&P's last week one was for a increase of my TBI and the medical evidence of a 2nd TBI. They asked me in my TBI C&P if I was able to handle my own finances and I said my wife handles the finances but I check daily. I know it's not the best response but I had the C&P early last week and asked the question too late. I also had a C&P for a PTSD increase and they did not ask me about my finances. I appreciate the advice as that is exactly what I will do if needed.

Thank you Bronco, greatly appreciated.