VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Effective date and rating changes?

Rate this question

raidertone

Question

Can someone help me out with a simple question. Currently I'm at 80% and recently put in for IU. If I get it, how will my benefit verification letter look/change?

Will it still show the original 80% and a new seperate letter will address the IU? Just curious so I'll know what changes to look out for. Thanks in advance for any info.

Edited by raidertone

I am assuming you mean the letters you can generate on ebenefits?  If yes, you will have the option to include that you are unemployable due to your service connected disabilities, if they give your PT that will also be available.  You can print the letter to include the information you need.  I hope that helps.

19 minutes ago, seminoles said:

I am assuming you mean the letters you can generate on ebenefits?  If yes, you will have the option to include that you are unemployable due to your service connected disabilities, if they give your PT that will also be available.  You can print the letter to include the information you need.  I hope that helps.

Thanks. Yeah I was just wondering if the letter on ebenefits will look any different than the current one indicating my 80%. Or if a separate letter is generated in reference to the IU.

Noticed some interesting changes to my ratings and effective dates today on ebenefits. I filed my IU claim on 2/24/16 and haven't been scheduled for new c&p's yet. However I did have some c&p's done in January of this year that took my original 40% rating to the current 80%.

It looks like someone increased my ratings, not enough to bump up to 90%, but increased none the less. Also 2 of my 3 effective dates changed also, looks like they went back another 18 months on the dates.

This type of thing normal or just another glorious ebenefits glitch?

Huh...I guess they did re do my dates...was balancing my checkbook this morning and found a nice chunk of change courtesy of the treasury ? no word on the IU part yet tho...