VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Closure, well kind of.....

Rate this topic

green

Hadit-eers,

My claim for compensation on secondary conditions finally closed today.  Just to give those who look at eBenefits and wonder how accurate it is can take a look at my timeline, which is as follows:

• Intent to File 11/7/2014
  • Claim Submitted 7/22/15
  • C&P Exams 8/30/15
  • Gathering Evidence to Prep for Decision to Decision Approval (8 times) from 8/30/15 - 10/15/2015
  • Prep for Notification 10/15/15
  • Gathering Evidence 11/15/15
  • Prep for Decision 3/8/16
  • cleardot.gifPending Decision Approval 4/4/16
  • Prep for Notification 4/6/16
  • Pending Decision Approval 4/8/16
  • Prep for Notification 4/8/16
  • cleardot.gifPending Decision Approval 4/11/16
  • Prep for Notification 4/12/16
  • Pending Decision Approval 4/13/16
  • Prep for Notification to Pending Decision Approval to Prep for Notification 4/14/16
  • Close 4/15/16

So we are talking 269 days from the submit application date till close for a FDC.

The good news is that I have been rated 100% Scheduler P&T, and that they did back date a few of the contentions to 2004.  They didn't take my Intent to file date into considerations but rather went back to the C&P date.  Keep in mind that I had a lot of medical documentation that proved the existence of these contentions much earlier.  I understand that I may not get them to go back beyond the Intent to File date but will ask for clarification on why 12/7/14 wasn't the date they used.

I'm feeling sort of numb at this point as I've been engaged actively and emotionally since December of 2014 and now I have at least partial closure.

I want to thank Tbird, asknod, berta (you are the first person I talked to here many moons ago), Buck, broncovet and so many others who have encouraged me through the process.  Tbird, I'll be sending you some $ via PayPal when I receive the backpay to help you continue on.

You are the Veteran.

VA Benefit Information

Summary of benefit information
You have one or more service-connected disabilities: Yes
Your combined service-connected evaluation is: 100%
Your current monthly award amount is: $3172.13
The effective date of the last change to your current award was: September 01, 2015
You are considered to be totally and permanently disabled due solely to your service-connected disabilities: Yes

Edited by green

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use