VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

retre payment

Rate this question

gba

Question

After 6 years, BVA approved claims forPTSD increase (50% to 70% ) and A&A. Recieved documents from BVA on April 7,2016. I had decided to wait for award letter from Regional Office. Paranoia awakened after discussions with fellow Vets who carry loads of VA induced doubt and suspicions. Mixed reactions regarding amount and time frame of retro payments. The claims are approved for the entire appoliate period. I have tremendous respect for friends who are "counseling" me. However, they cannot offer untainted advice. I have been told that it will take months before my award is processed. Is this a reality?  I am grateful for the decision but paranoia is awake.

thank you

gba

2 answers to this question

GBA, it depends. My claims for lupus and acquired psychiatric disorder(secondary to lupus), were granted after about 6 years as well on Aug 14, 15. On Sep 18, 15, i was terminated from my job due to my SC disabilities. I immediately submitted a hardship claim, due to missing a lot of work from my SC disabilities I was behind on car payment, rent, and utilities were about to be disconnected. I submitted proof of late bills, and asked for expedition on rating and retro. I also contacted the VA Undersecretary(who later resigned) Mrs Allison Hickey, and asked for assistance in expediting ratings/retro. I received retro on Oct 6, less than one month after filing hardship claim. If you are in hardship, submit proof to your RO, late bills, etc, and ask to expedite ratings and retro. Good Luck!!

Of course, I had also just been terminated from my job, which might have helped as well. However, if you are behind on your bills due to missed work from your disabilities, submit proof to the RO and ask for hardship. Explain why you are behind on a statement in support of claim form. Attach copies of all late bills and any recent emergency room visits, and you should be granted hardship and be expedited.