VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Next claim going down range finally

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

Well, its that time again, wish me luck!

Finally put it all together and will be dropping it off at the CVSO tomorrow.

1. Increase rating for right foot plantar fasciitis.  Currently 10%, 2008.  New issue, cortisone shots and orthotics.

2. Secondary left foot/ankle problems caused by above.  Recently diagnosed with; Pain in Joint of Ankle and Foot, Ankle/Foot Instability, Pain in Limb, Difficulty in Walking, Bilateral Hammer Toe, Achilles Tendinitis or Bursitis, Tenosynovitis of Foot and Ankle and decreased Range of Motion. I was prescribed a ankle brace for my left ankle for stability.  Dr. also mentions my limp in my first visit note with him, so that cant hurt.

3. Secondary rating for heard disease caused by hypertension (currently rated at 0%, 2008).  Recently diagnosed with; Borderline concentric left ventrical hypertrophy and Mild tricuspid regurgitation.  I also asked if the heart disease pre-dated the hypertension (I have an irregular EKG from 1999 while in the Army) and if the heart disease should have been found at the time of the hypertension in 2004.

That and a bunch of medical records supporting same.

So we will see where that takes me.

I am currently at a raw 72, so a 10 gets me 80.  Which will help.  90 is probably out of reach for me currently as I am doing pretty good and don't see any biggies coming up.

I will keep posting any updates I get from the puzzle palace, and of course my up coming C&P's.

Thanks for caring,

Hamslice

P.S. Don't let me forget to call the VA back and schedule my colonoscopy.  The bastards want to probe me again......

Edited by Hamslice
left vs right mistake

Update 27,

The DBQ posted today on MyHealthyVet.  Apparently the C&P examiner did not fill out the flat foot part of the DBQ when evaluating the plantar fasciitis.  

DBQ Medical Opinion 1:

Please have examiner xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx  provide an addendum to the examination she conducted on the Veteran on 06/22/2016. The Veteran is claiming an increase in right foot plantar fasciitis. A foot exam was conducted; however, the flatfoot (pes planus) section which is used to evaluate the current severity was not completed. Please have examiner complete that section.

And the response;

RESPONSE:

3. Flatfoot (pes planus) ------------------------

a. Does the Veteran have pain on use of the feet? [X] Yes [ ] No If yes, indicate side affected: [ ] Right [ ] Left [X] Both If yes, is the pain accentuated on use? [X] Yes [ ] No If yes, indicate side affected: [ ] Right [ ] Left [X] Both

b. Does the Veteran have pain on manipulation of the feet? [X] Yes [ ] No If yes, indicate side affected: [ ] Right [ ] Left [X] Both If yes, is the pain accentuated on manipulation? [X] Yes [ ] No If yes, indicate side affected: [ ] Right [ ] Left [X] Both

c. Is there indication of swelling on use? [ ] Yes [X] No

d. Does the Veteran have characteristic callouses? [ ] Yes [X] No

e. Effects of use of arch supports, built-up shoes or orthotics: Effecting Relief of Symptoms ---------------------------- Device Side Relieved: [X] Orthotics [ ] Right [ ] Left [X] Both

f. Does the Veteran have extreme tenderness of plantar surfaces on one or both feet? [ ] Yes [X] No

g. Does the Veteran have decreased longitudinal arch height of one or both feet on weight-bearing? [ ] Yes [X] No

h. Is there objective evidence of marked deformity of one or both feet (pronation, abduction etc.)? [ ] Yes [X] No

i. Is there marked pronation of one or both feet? [ ] Yes [X] No

j. For one or both feet, does the weight-bearing line fall over or medial to the great toe? [ ] Yes [X] No

k. Is there a lower extremity deformity other than pes planus, causing alteration of the weight-bearing line? [ ] Yes [X] No

l. Does the Veteran have "inward" bowing of the Achilles tendon (i.e., hindfoot valgus, with lateral deviation of the heel) of one or both feet? [ ] Yes [X] No

m. Does the Veteran have marked inward displacement and severe spasm of the Achilles tendon (rigid hindfoot) on manipulation of one or both feet? [ ] Yes [X] No

n. Comments: Veteran does not have flatfoot (pes planus) on either foot, and this portion of the DBQ is not indicated with the diagnosis of Plantar Fasciitis

Now, I wait for eBennies,

Hamslice

• HadIt.com Elder

Hamslice

They just can't make up there minds can they!

Hope you get a decision soon.

Yep Buck,

Sooner or later.

Using this post as a example of the life of a claim, so readers (new) can get a feeling for what happens in a pretty straight forward claim covering both a new, increase and secondaries.

Probably wont be this thorough in the future with my updates and tracking both eBennies and myHealthyVet.

A case study,

FWIW,

Hamslice

Update 29,

Well my claim is closed today on eBennies.  My percentage (80) hasn't changed, but under disabilities, my differed claim is not showing up service connected or denied.

And no movement on my request for increase yet, but if no change, I don't think it will show anything.

Those were the two things left for them to finish.

Nothing in letters or benefits claim.

So, not sure what has happened yet.

Hamslice