VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE

Rate this topic

GARYLINN

I also am thankful for what I receive, that doesn't negate the impact of my disabilities.  I believe the "glass half full" or positive attitude is not only helpful to ourselves, but to those who spend time around us as well.

• HadIt.com Elder

"I believe the "glass half full" - - -

Generally agree!

But, when dealing with the VA (and other government entities) a bit of paranoia is quite useful!

To me it just really depends on what your compensated for.

The bulk of my disibility is due to hearing loss. While it makes it very hard to work and I havent had a job since May 2014...

Most of what people say I dont want to hear anyways lol...

But some of us have disibilities....that no amount of compensation makes better in any way shape or form.

In general I agree with what all of you said. But it angers me to think of all the compensation I lost fighting the VA for service connection. One of my disabilities now service connected took twenty years when I had adequate medical evidence in the first place. With the VA mental fortitude is a must.

Just now, waccamawwild said:

In general I agree with what all of you said. But it angers me to think of all the compensation I lost fighting the VA for service connection. One of my disabilities now service connected took twenty years when I had adequate medical evidence in the first place. With the VA mental fortitude is a must.

Never give up! The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

29 minutes ago, waccamawwild said:

I had to fight for many years too....looking in hindsight, I would have blown threw every dollar thirty years ago...NOW, I a mature and appreciate every dollar and really appreciate that the VA is giving me comp during my retirement years...so many people can't afford their meds or their mortgage or everything....MY wife and I are okay for the rest of our lives....I thank GOD for the great blessing

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use