VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Granted. Remanded, Retro? Oh my!

Rate this question

SecurityForces03

Question

All I can do is laugh at this point. I suppose I am happy with the positive part, but the second half is being remanded to AMC.

The remanded appeal has been there since December 2015 (AMC), does anyone have any contact info for AMC? All I can find is a fax number. 

I am trying to find out where my retro pay is, new percentage change, and what's going on with the other half of my appeal.

Thanks all,

SF03

Sorry SF03.  I am at the AMC as well, and as far as I can tell, they don't give status reports.

Even my lawyer can't seem to penetrate their cover.  (beware the man behind curtain ;)

Mine has been their since 10/5/15 with no end in sight.

The Training letter that regards BVA partial grants is here somewhere.

If the claim goes on too much longer (I assume the BVA made an award) you can copy off the training letter and send it to them.

Then again the VA is slow as molasses... and in my opinion,  the AMC is comparable to the black hole. I had a fax # for them once, then I heard they put their fax machine into a closet.

2 hours ago, TexasMarine said:

Sorry SF03.  I am at the AMC as well, and as far as I can tell, they don't give status reports.

Even my lawyer can't seem to penetrate their cover.  (beware the man behind curtain ;)

Mine has been their since 10/5/15 with no end in sight.

Ahh that stinks. I was granted half of my appeal while the other half went back to AMC. I'm currently 70 SC'd and with the new "win" I am suppose to be 80%. I was notified in December 2015. At this point, no retro pay and no percentage change yet. Do I just keep waiting?

Secondly, the part then went to remand is for a date of service connection change. Haven't heard or seen any movement at all on this part. Waiting game...

sorry, it is a Fast Letter not a TL and here it is with this thread:

http://community.hadit.com/topic/64697-bva-and-retro-pay/#comment-393077

If 120 days have passed ( I think they have)  you could whip this out to them ( maybe by Fax)

5 minutes ago, Berta said:

The Training letter that regards BVA partial grants is here somewhere.

If the claim goes on too much longer (I assume the BVA made an award) you can copy off the training letter and send it to them.

Then again the VA is slow as molasses... and in my opinion,  the AMC is comparable to the black hole. I had a fax # for them once, then I heard they put their fax machine into a closet.

Lol, the closet!? I actually believe it!

Yes, the BVA awarded me a partial win, which should change my sc'd from 70% to 80%. It's been about 5 months since my approval letter.

5 minutes ago, Berta said:

sorry, it is a Fast Letter not a TL and here it is with this thread:

http://community.hadit.com/topic/64697-bva-and-retro-pay/#comment-393077

If 120 days have passed ( I think they have)  you could whip this out to them ( maybe by Fax)

Thanks so much Berta. Do you recommend I send it to the VA or to AMC? If either, what's a good fax/snail mail, email, or ebenefits contact?

Thanks!!