VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Do You Get Iu Retro?

Rate this question

Cavman

Question

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I filed my original claim Nov. 2005 and was unemployed at that time unable to work.

If you were unemployed or terminated or left on disability before you filed the claim, they may pay you up to 1 year earlier as the date entitlement arose.

For example, I filed for a claim in June 06 and was paid back to Feb 06 to the date the entitlement was shown. It does not always work that way but it may give you an idea of what to expect.

• HadIt.com Elder

Vets and the public must know the VA is not giving away anything especially not 20-30 years of retro on a claim filed last year. The VA has thought this thing through to deny people like AO vets their due compensation. If an RVN vet develops cancer in 2005 when did the injury occur? In my mind it occurred during service in RVN but that is not the way the VA looks at it.

john999:

I think the V.A. knows its rediculous, but they also know we do not have the resources to fight this. With the money and a good lawyer there is no way you would lose the case of proving you contracted the cancer while in Vietnam. The V.A. admits this in having a presumed cancer list caused by dioxin contact while there.

It kind of relates to the PTSD claim also. Does the V.A. think we just started thinking about wasting someone while in combat in our 50`s? We have dealt with the memories and side effects of the memories since the day each situation happened. I do realize combat situations are different. I really don`t buy a permanent disability for a guy in one firefight, but thats another story.

Cavman

One of the all time va statements I always see is this" manifest to certain degree" They say a disease has manifest to a certain degree over a period of time.