VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I really need advice on a reconsideration I filed

Rate this question

garion

Question

Good day everyone!  Could anyone answer me this question?  If VA deny service connection to a disability that two different doctors from two different VA C&P's states is service connected, what is my options?  I claimed pancreatitis in my original claim and the C&P doctor stated it was service connected but VA denied the claim.  I did a reconsideration and the VA sent me to another C&P exam and the new doctors stated that my pancreatitis is service connected.  I also submitted medical records from my private doctors stating the same.

Below is BOTH C&P notes from the doctors.

These are the note from the doctor who performed my last C&P Exam.a. The condition claimed is at least as likely as not (50% or greater probability) proximately due to or the result of the Veteran's service connected condition .c. Rationale: Well documented, long standing history of GI issues including chronic cholecystitis and cholecystecomty x 2 with residual complications, GERD (already SC for these conditions), chronic pancreatitis, among other GI conditions. Patient remains symptomatic and continues to have GI follow up and treatment. There is sufficient evidence of record (which was extensively reviewed as part of this exam), and per today's exam, that pancreatitis was at least as likely as not due to or the result of the SC condition.

Here is the C&P exam notes from my FIRST exam.  Completely different doctors.Does the Veteran's gallbladder and/or pancreas condition(s) impact on his or her ability to work? [X] Yes [ ] No If yes, describe the impact of each of the Veteran's gallbladder and/or pancreas conditions, providing one or more examples: Veteran states he has to leave early from work due to Abdominal pain. Veteran states on his worse days he has to go to bathroom at least 3 to 4 times during the work day(30 to 45 minutes).8. Remarks, if any------------------1. Veteran's current claimed and diagnosed GI symptoms is at least as likely as not (50 percent or greater probability)a continuation and/or progression of the Veteran's already service connected Chronic Cholecystitis, S/P Cholecystectomy with Acid Reflux.2. C&P Recommendation: Veteran's previous documented abnornomal clinical findings were discussed with Veteran. Veteran is advised to follow-up with his primary medical provider for evaluation and treatment of his ongoing and chronic GI symptoms.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Garion, did you receive an Statement of the Case from VA detailing why they denied!? If you could scan and post the reasons for denial, redacting personal info, we could provide more help. I have to say, that does not make any sense whatsoever for denial after being approved by not one but TWO c&p examiners!! If you don't have the capability to scan the denial, please type the reasons and basis they used in their bs-excuse me, in the denial so we can provide guidance. 

1 hour ago, flores97 said:

Garion, did you receive an Statement of the Case from VA detailing why they denied!? If you could scan and post the reasons for denial, redacting personal info, we could provide more help. I have to say, that does not make any sense whatsoever for denial after being approved by not one but TWO c&p examiners!! If you don't have the capability to scan the denial, please type the reasons and basis they used in their bs-excuse me, in the denial so we can provide guidance. 

I will once I get the denial letter.  Thanks Flores97!