VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

GAD & Depression C&P results, any advice?

Rate this question

SLY

Question

Hi all, I'm new here. I was just wondering if raters usually pay more attention to the "description" or the "symptoms"

It seems as my description of

"

Occupational and social impairment with occasional
decrease in work
efficiency and intermittent periods of inability to
perform
occupational tasks, although generally functioning
satisfactorily,
with normal routine behavior, self-care and conversation"

does not fully match up the symptoms she wrote down as:
"
[X] Depressed mood
[X] Anxiety
[X] Chronic sleep impairment
[X] Mild memory loss, such as forgetting names, directions or
recent
events
[X] Difficulty in understanding complex commands
[X] Disturbances of motivation and mood
[X] Difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work
and social
relationships
[X] Difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances,
including work or a
worklike setting
[X] Inability to establish and maintain effective
relationships
[X] Neglect of personal appearance and hygiene"

I feel because it is my first time applying for compensation, I'm going to get "low balled" My symptoms seem to be all over the rating chart from 30%-70% I'm just hoping for them to meet in the middle at 50. If you would like more info of my c&p just let me know, I just didn't think everyone would want to read all that. She also put SC'd in my favor.

Thank you for any advice you may have!

I don't want to rain on your parade but I think you are more 30% than 50% but I have been wrong before so for what it is worth...

Thank you so much for your reply! any insight is greatly appreciated! I know only time will tell, but the wait seems like forever! Ive read similar c&ps going to all sorts of different ratings, I have no clue what all they look at, haha

• HadIt.com Elder

We need more info about your C&P Exam to give you a fair  opinion. 

'' does not fully match up the symptoms she wrote down as:''

Normally I would say its a hang up between 50 &70%  That is if they don't inferred you IU  if this disability keeps you from working?

if this disability keeps you from working also file a Fast letter for TDIU.

&

Welcome to Hadit  Buddy

jmo

......Buck

Edited by Buck52

Thank you so much for your reply Buck!

I expressed how at this time, I am unable to be around people or follow directions without supervision without having an extremely bad anxiety attack, I always feel like I'm just going to mess something up and my brain bring everything to failure or death (if that makes any sense to you) but I can however do small things on my own to make money, as long as I'm alone and create my own schedule. I expressed how sometimes the depression gets me so down where I feel I cannot even do simple tasks around the house for like 3-4 days straight, then snap out of it and slowly get to where I'll "okay" for 2-3 days.

This is all in there also, I'm not planning on IU as I don't believe I deserve it, I would (hopefully sooner than later) get better. I have tried all the medications they've asked me to, but all have failed. Some would slightly work in the beginning, and then completely stop working, and some only make me so tired I can literally not even get out of bed until noon or so.

Again, thank you for your opinion & time, I greatly appreciate it. It's interesting to read all of these opinions & posts & exams and seeing the outcomes. This site is amazing!

Shelby

I am glad the C & P examiner said it was service connected. And obviously the diagnosis has been made.

Still that all depends on the nexus being established, so ,if the inservice cause, accident or event was mentioned in the 5103 letter , were you able to provide them with any evidence they wanted ,to establish the nexus?

Or maybe your DD 214 and/or your SMRs were enough.

Edited by Berta

Thank you for your input Berta!

I actually didn't know until my c&p that I was actually med boarded out due to my issues, and it was stated in my discharge papers as well (what happened and how I was affected, and how being in the military with constantly changing schedules only worsened everything, and they stated they didn't think I would get better any time in the near future). I called e-benefits, and they stated they had everything they need and a decision should be made any time now. They also stated if it ends up not in my favor, just to re-open the case with more paperwork documenting the exact dates of the situation, but that they most likely wont need anything further because my discharge papers said it all. 

I'm hoping they do have everything, but if it gets denied I will re-open within a year with more documentation, and since my new meds just failed (I was a little better than usual during my c&p due to the beginning of a new med giving me a slight lift) maybe the full severity will come through during another c&p, and I may actually get a more fair rating.

We will see! I will keep everyone updated once I have more info, just in case future people would like to compare their results to mine

Still any input/opinions/similar scenarios are greatly appreciated!

Shelby