VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Two Questions

Rate this question

gs106

Question

I submitted a new claim on 14 April and the status changed to gathering of evidence this morning. The needed from others tab shows a request from VA Medical Facility which is probably for a C&P exam.  Do they always call the veteran to schedule a C&P exam or do they just make the appointment without the veteran's input?  Second question: I submitted it as FDC.  I have submitted new evidence to support two pending appeals.  Is that new evidence now in my c-file and available for review by the rater of the new claim and is it likely that he/she will review it?  My other option is to upload it via eBenefits for the pending claim but don't want to remove it from FDC unless the experts on here don't think they will see it otherwise.

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA gathers evidence from every where they have information on, it could be they need your VA Medical records ?

They (VA) usually sends you a letter letting you know what all they need form you, but they do check for them self,  but its always best for the veteran to send them what they ask for  b/c they don't dig to deep to find out. (always make& keep your copies)

Any time you send in new & material evidence on a FDC claim after submitting it  they usually turn that claim in to a traditional claim.

The evidence you send in is any body's guess if its in your C-FILE??..

the only way to know that is Request your C--File  (which you need to anyway) but yes its suppose to be put in your C-File.

The Rater is suppose to view all your evidence  but that's anybody's guess  if they do or not.???

If the VA sets you up a C&P Exam they usually call you or send you a letter letting you know what, when ,and ,where. or if its contracted out the contractor usually calls and sends the letter .

if you can't make the dates &time they set up for you   you need to call them or let them know ASAP.

JMO

......................Buck

Thanks Buck, in the past I had C&P exams scheduled and just got a letter telling me where and when.  I received a phone call for the last two C&P exams and the person calling me asked if the day and time was okay.  Just wondering if that is their current policy.  I requested a copy of my c-file on 30 March 2016 via certified mail but haven't received a reply.

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not sure if its there policy  but they do need to let you know if they are going to send you to a C&P and when they ask you if the dates are ok with you...its then you can tell them if they are  or not ?

you maybe scheduled for something important on those dates they set up...so when they call you have your calendar/appointment book ready. 

AS for as your C-FILE the fastest way to get it  is use the Form 21-3288 Request an unredacted copy .

Buck, I checked eBenefits about 30 minutes ago and had two C&P exams scheduled for next week without any input from me.  I called the VAMC and talked with a guy in C&P scheduling and the first thing he said without even knowing who I was..."we tried to call you". He connected me with a supervisor and she rescheduled one of them to Friday of this week.  No conflict with the other one on Wednesday of next week. I also saw that I now have two open claims...one of them must be for the c-file request. This is what the status shows.

Freedom of Information Act / Privacy Act Request

Under Review

Attention:

Status Has Changed

Edited by gs106
Remove personal information