VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Voc Rehab - Independent Living Services

Rate this question

Anthony Johnson

Question

I had an appointment at Vocational Rehabilitation yesterday for Independent Living Services.  After completing the necessary paperwork I was told that a Counselor would contact me and come out to do a home visit.  I was wondering who has already gone through this process and what your experience was like?  I am 100% disabled Total and Permanent and Unemployable.  I have chronic back issues, chronic migraines, Stage 3 Renal Failure, PTSD, Depression, Carpal Tunnel (both wrists), Sleep Apnea.  What exactly can I expect from this program?  What are my chances on being approved?  I have read that individuals receive adjustable/therapeutic beds, computers, lift chairs, etc...  How long is the program good for?  Any and all information will be helpful.

Thanking everyone in advance

Anthony 

Edited by Anthony Johnson
Capitalizations

• HadIt.com Elder

Mr Johnson

This also may be of help

Specially Adapted Housing Assistive Technology Grant Program

VA through its Specially Adapted Housing Assistive Technology (SAHAT) Grant Program is authorized to award grants of up to $200,000 per fiscal year to persons or entities to encourage the development of specially adapted housing assistive technologies.

Program Purpose

There are many emerging technologies that could improve home adaptions or enhance a Veteran's or Servicemember's ability to live independently, such as voice-recognition and voice-command operations, living environment controls, and adaptive feeding equipment. VA has defined "new assistive technology" as an advancement that could aid or enhance the ability of a Veteran or Servicemember to live in an adapted home.

Note:

Hadit Member Asknod may help you more with information as to getting a Grant.