VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lots of issues

Rate this question

PvtSHines

Question

Hi everyone!

this is my first post but I have been stalking this forum daily since i submitted my claim. So here's some background info. I was discharged due to a hip injury that was proven to have occurred during my time on active duty in 2006. My discharge paperwork all said the injury exsisted prior to service (which i have proof it did not). When i got out I applied for compensation and never heard anything back from VA. Fast forward to 2014 I had major issues with my back (a condition I went to sick call for over 20 times) which required a 2 level spinal fusion and some other stuff removed from my spine. This caused me to file a new claim for my back and reopen my claim for my hip because to my knowledge, nothing ever happened with it. At my first c&p exam the examiner asked about my service connected hip injury to which i stated, I don't have any service connected issues yet. She showed me on her paperwork where it said I was service connect 10% and told me to go to the RO when the appointment was over to find out the issue. When I got there I was met with alot of confused looks when my file was reviewed. The gentleman who helped me told me that he had never seen a case with a rating more than 0% but no monthly compensation. After some digging it was discovered that whoever processed my initial claim, they only processed me for pension, and not compensation. I was 20 at the time so I knew I wasnt eligible for pension so this was baffling. I was advised to submit a statement in support of my claim which outlined those issues. Could I be looking at a decent retro check to 2006 when I should have been receiving 10% compensation? My status for that issue also update to INC (increase) from REP (reopen) on its own. My FDC for my back, hip and stomach issues is currently in prep for decision and estimated to be complete in the Baltimore RO between 5/25/16-6/28/16, will both issues close at once?

Oh last question, do claims ever close before the estimated date? I really am in a financial pickle and need a large chunk of $$ by 5/20 and I have no idea where i'll get it from so I'm hoping it moves sooner than 5/25.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Welcome aboard and glad to see you are learning about the process. It is too hard to try to figure out when claims will complete. I had a C&P 2 months ago and the claim just completed yesterday. What is the Current status of your claim? Do you have access to Ebenefits? Do you have access to MyHealthEVet? Good luck and keep us posted, God Bless

Thanks for your reply Navy! My E benefits status is preparation for decision and it is estimated to be complete 5/25/16-6/28/16. 

I don't know much about the claims and compensation process but I do know from what I was told in person that I have a code sheet in my file, doesn't that mean I should be receiving my 10% compensation monthly?