VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% P and T SMC L

Rate this topic

mbl22885

Yesterday I found out my approval for permanent and total status for my PTSD had been finalized. I was approved for SMC L for PTSD earlier in the year. I'm 31 years old and there is no way my 100% P and T SMC L rating would have been possible if it weren't for the invaluable information contained on this message board. There is still a rocky road ahead I'm sure, but I at least have comfort in knowing my family has security in a way I never thought I'd be able to provide.

Thank you to you all, from the site operators, moderators, to the members. The wealth of information you guys provide is invaluable and I feel nothing short of blessed to have discovered this message board.

That is Great but how would a vet get SMC L for PTSD?

Maybe I misunderstood that part.

The family gets CHAMPVA ( they need to apply for it at the CHAMPVA web site,) and they get Chapter 35 DEA benefits too.

It is always so good to see any vet here who was helped by the advice we give. The information here is overwhelming in content and all of it is

important.

I have often wondered if I would qualify for L or housebound for similar issues.  I have been holding out honestly hoping the caregiver program opens up to Desert Storm era veterans.  I would love to know how you went about your claim for L.  Congrats!!

Congrats on the good news and sorry to hear of your issues bud. I too was Medically Retired at 31 and 34 now. I have had a few Vets state they would assist me in applying for the SMCs, as I am 100% P&T, with multiple health issues as listed in Signature, and My wife is paid on the Highest Tier to be my care giver, along with SSDI. I just dont know where to start or how to apply for the SMCs. Hopefully somebody will chime in. Good luck and keep us posted. God Bless

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use