VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"Buddy Statement" Remanded case Columbia S.C.

Rate this question

Donald L. Frederking

Question

Board of Appeals remanded case back to RO Columbia South Carolina. via AMC Washington D.C.. VA duty to assist the veteran in developing evidence to support his claim. Veteran was aboard USS Ranger on WES-PAK Cruise 1964, same squadron RVAH-5 that I was assigned with and states the same situation to being deployed off ship to assist in repairing squadron aircraft for mechanical issue. I don't have the veteran name due to confidential issues, however his claim is exactly the same as mine and attached to the same ship as well as squadron.

Is there a way to direct my statement to the AMC or RO and inform the veteran of my issue that relates to his claim as well.

My file# is X-XXX-XXX  and is at present in the RO Chicago, Il. I agree to the use of my information to provide this veteran the information that I also was aboard the ship and in the squadron and was assigned to repair off ship one of our aircraft.

Thanks in advance for any information you may provide to either myself or the veteran in question.

Edited by Tbird
Removed personal identification information.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

If that is your C file number please delete it....there are many trolls on the net looking for personal data..

Do I understand this right? You have information that could help a vet at the AMC, on Remand from the BVA, but have no way to contact this veteran?

That would be great if he needs a buddy statement!

Do you have the Docket# and Citation # of his BVA case?

His POA might be listed there for contact and/or you could contact the BVA ombudsman...and tell  ask them the best way to get this info to the BVA in his behalf.

If you knew who he was, he could provide a buddy statement for you, as well...

Maybe I am getting this post all wrong.

I went through half of the similar cases at BVA and have not found this vet's remand.

Did you ever hear back from "Charles" or anyone else at Military.com?

Does the vet have copy of his deck logs?

Is this an Agent Orange claim and are you both trying to prove boots on ground, incountry-Vietnam?

If so where did the ship dock?

I assume the USS Ranger  is not on the VA AO ship's list but that list periodically grows....

Sorry. I found it :

http://www.index.va.gov/search/va/view.jsp?FV=http://www.va.gov/vetapp14/Files2/1419151.txt

skin cancer.........possibly due to intense sun burn exposure in Vietnam and/or on board ship...was that theory raised at all by the veteran?

We had at least one veteran here succeed with an IMO on that theory....It would cover both Vietnam, if he can prove he was incountry and also if he spent a lot of time on the ship's deck in intense sunlight...

Prostate cancer... that will reply on proof of Boots on ground and I checked the last AO ships list (2015) and the USS Ranger is not on it.

BUT most of the ships on the AO list that VA has accepted as exposed to AO got on the list due to vet's proving their ships should be on it.

Have you been in touch with the BlueWaterNavy.org site? John Rossie was on a few radio shows with us , one fairly recently.

Have you accessed the USS Ranger web site, and looked for any vets named in reunion rosters who served during that time period?

As you probably know, the Blue Water Issue is still being fought over.

Here is the ship's 1964-65 cruise book:

http://navysite.de/cruisebooks/cv61-64/index.html

more crew info is in limk

Thank you Tbird!

Edited by Berta