VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

50 per cent disability

Rate this question

redmitch

Question

Just a short note to announce that I received my "brown envelope" accompanied by a retro check dating back to May, 2015 and was awarded a 50 per cent disability mainly for diabetes related to AO and lower legs peripheral neuropathy.  Also I filed a CUE about two weeks ago with my VSO on a claim that was denied for diabetes in  2011 and due to the currrent claim containing very valuable buddy letters proving I was in vietnam  proving this nexus I am awaiting the brown envelope and hopefully will receive a positive decision for diabetes back to 1/11 with a retro check and possibly, just guessing here, a 30 percent disability  (combined with an old dib for tinnitus.) Anyway if you were in country and are getting discouraged that you cannot find proof please don't give up and search the web because there is help out there!

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Good News....yes proof CAN be found.

Don't forget...CUE depends on what they knew and when they knew it.

Did the VA know of these buddy letters in 2011?

Was the 2011 denial based on lack of proof of incountry service?

Was the award you got due to a re-open of the 2011 claim?

I am curious what legal error the VSO felt they made.

I currently have been awarded 60% for Diabetes Mellitus type II for lower leg below the knee Peripheral neuropathy which I am asking for reconsideration.  The original award 4/16 also included 10% cataracts related to diabetes and the already awarded 10% for tinnitus. I recently learned I have sleep apnea that the DR said was related to diabetes mellitus type II.  the E-benefits site is asking for an opinion/documentation from a Dr stating this was related to exposure to a dioxin.  I sent them a letter stating the sleep apnea is SECONDARY to diabetes and the diabetes already has a NEXUS to my service in Vietnam which  assumes exposure to a dioxin (agent orange).  does anyone know why they couldn't connect the dots from the already adjudication claim to this new issue?  Do I have to  definitely prove sleep apnea is connected to diabetes by way of a Dr's opinion or can I provide researched internet documentation?  Finally when I sent the claim in it was considered a duplicate and it bumped my peripheral neuropathy back to October from this month and somehow they think I am asking for an increase on my Diabetes which is already rated only 10% because I am not currently on medication.  I have a C&P for diabetes scheduled Friday so I decided to just go and maybe by some miracle they will give me an increase because of the neuropathy and sleep apnea - who knows or as we say in Vietnamese "ai biet"!

Great news good luck with the Cue they like to pull the i didn't know that at the time card make sure you show them what they ignored and are the letters dated or just chicken scratch 

I am familiar with 'ai cũng biết

Vietnamese for “well known”

So I think ai biet means ‘"who knows” ????

"I recently learned I have sleep apnea that the DR said was related to diabetes mellitus type II."

Did the doctor document that at all in your medical records?

If not maybe they would be willing to prepare a DBQ with a full medical rationale,.

"Do I have to  definitely prove sleep apnea is connected to diabetes by way of a Dr's opinion or can I provide researched internet documentation? "

Good medical research can help but this is something they would want from a doctor to support their medical rationale as to the Secondary SA.

“does anyone know why they couldn't connect the dots from the already adjudication claim to this new issues?”

Because they need a doctor to state it as secondary, to justify their decision.

And because as obvious as some secondarys are, the VA is also dinky dau sometimes.