VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

buckfreakinwild

Question

Please excuse my ignorance with this forum. I have spent several hours reading through forums and questions, and haven't seen "my question" yet. If it has been asked and answered I didn't see it.

I filed for VA Disability in August of last year. I provided (what I assumed) was ample documentation for each referenced issue (including sleep study tests and results and tests and results from my nerve conduction study).

I monitored the Ebenefits sites for any signs of progress. I submitted all request forms (permission to access any and all medical records twice).

Last week my status changed to Preparation for Decision. Saturday morning it had changed to Preparation for Notification. Checked this morning and it was the same. I checked again this afternoon and now...nothing. No status, no nothing. It show "0" for all open claims, historical claims, and even appeals.

I tried to call the 800 number for clarification but got the "we are too busy" message.

Anyone ever experienced this? I have not gotten any mail or anything. I know (and now understand why) I shouldn't let Ebenefits and it's info "rule" my life, but it appears I have gone off the radar on the site. I was already feeling like I needed to tie a knot at the end of my rope; now this? WTH?

Thanks for any input...

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

BFIW:   I heard that "Peggy" at the 800 number took the day off..     Seriously, others will chime in and

no doubt advise;  ebenefits  is like the weather..  Sometimes you can depend on it and sometimes you can't.

Bet you hear something by mail on Fri.    Well maybe Mon?

Hang in there, your almost at the finish line!!

I bet your denial letter is in the mail.  Sorry that's mean but sadly I probably have a 95% chance of being correct. It takes up to ten days in the mail and you can call the 1 800 827 1000 number to verify your address, but they won't tell you whats in the letter.

Edit: Hey I figured I should edit this about what I said above because in the event you actually do get denied, you should know that WE ALL GET DENIED.  It's part of the process, and the process is long and it is grueling.  Please, hang in there with us and don't give up!  I'm so poor right now that I weigh less than I did when I was in high school, so if I haven't quit then neither can you.

Edited by Cliche Magnet