VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Please give me "denied for PTSD" examples

Rate this question

Cliche Magnet

Question

I've gathered enough evidence to begin my claim for PTSD with the V.A., and to be as thorough as possible I'd like to have examples (word-for-word if possible!) of your denial letters.   My specific scenario is that I suffered child abuse, situations exacerbating that PTSD before the service, and then witnessed a buddy get brutally mutilated to an inch of his life while in service.  Problem is that he, (at least back then) blamed me for the situation based on what his nuts girlfriend said so I probably can't get a letter of evidence from him.  I can likely get police records though...

Anyways: What kinds of vile trickery has the V.A. used to deny your legitimate claims?

THANK YOU for your service

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

If you go to http://www.bva.va.gov/

and put  'PTSD'

'childhood abuse'

'denied'

into the specific search areas and click on All dates,  many BVA decisions will pop up.

I found 219 out of 906,783.

There are so many reasons why PTSD claims get denied that ,in my opinion, denials from others will not help you too much unless they are based on the childhood abuse.

I would like to see word for word the denial that you appealed.....can you scan and attach their Reasons and Bases here? And the evidence list?

Cover C file #  ,name, etc prior to scanning it.

Hi Berta Thanks for responding!  I haven't applied for PTSD yet, because for the entire length of time I have been going to the V.A. I never noticed (because PTSD was as of yet undiagnosed) but they had been specifically ignoring and trying not to discover that I had PTSD.  I went to a new clinic in the 4th state that I had visited the V.A., and that clinic had PTSD questionnaires for in processing, where I finally was alerted to what some of my major problems have been.  Since then I have brought it up to psychologists and psychiatrists, who have all responded that I have serious and debilitating PTSD that worsened due to neglect.

The reason I started this post was just because I'm so used to V.A. denial letters that I want to submit a complete FDC that has a lower risk of being denied.  I'm starting to think that it is impossible though.. perhaps they have a specific percentage of claims that they are forced to deny.  Thx for everything you do Berta you are my Hero.

Cliché Magnet, you are truly in the company of Heroes here.

I am not a veteran, but I am a hardcore VA claimant.

What is the date of their last denial letter?

Can you scan and attach that here, as to their Reasons and Bases? (cover C file # etc)

Were those denials appealed?

"but they had been specifically ignoring and trying not to discover that I had PTSD. "

The VA will not develop a claim that has not been formally filed.

And they sure wont take the time to 'discover' anything that might be service connectable.

Hi Berta,

With all due respect, and I mean a LOT of respect, I trust the department of justice about as much as I trust Satan.. the fact that the V.A. represents the DoJ is not a surprise to me whatsoever.  That said, I simply cannot muster the courage to upload legal documents to be perused by members of the DoJ- they are prime target for lawsuits from me at this point.  I have been in contact with my lawyer to find out how to proceed.  

Thank YOU.

~cm