VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Knee Condition

Rate this question

Cobra4v

Question

Hello all

I have S/C Patello Femoral Syndrome for both my knees rated at 10% each. I have been complaining for some time now about my knee pain. Recently they did an MRI on my left knee and discovered damaged cartilage, a tear in my patello, and arthritis causing a decay in my knee cap. Additionally they discovered excessive motion in my knee cap and knee joint from side to side. It is documented my knees give out causing me to fall. 

My question is:

Since I now have neurology telling me I have Degenerate Osteoarthritis in my left knee. Will they rate it as Degenerate Osteoarthritis and range of motion separately in my upcoming c&p exam? For example, 10% arthritis 10% range of motion limitation etc. Or will they just label it as Degenerate Osteoarthritis giving me one rating?  

Actually had an appointment last Thursday. They notated flare up issues and radiculopothy issues from my back. I begin treatment this Thursday. 

I have 10% for my left knee Patella damage injury from active duty. It took 20 years to get by denials. I won on appeals later helped contribute a disc in my back to break.

This is a good topic.

I had knee troubles while on active duty and have been denied three times.

I am going to reopen the claim, but I know I will need new and material evidence to do so.

I plain on visiting a orthopedic sports medicine doctor and let him do a full evaluation on my right knee.

I'm going to bring all pertinent military records about the knee with me for the doctor to see.