VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Getting My C-File

Rate this question

63Charlie

Question

Need to file a NOD on a recent Tinnitus claim denial.

Sent in a request, FOIA etc., for my C-file.

VA acknowledged receiving my request on Ebennies and shows a date of 2018 when I can expect them to make a decision as they have my request categorized as a new claim.

I was thinking I read where there are specific deadlines requiring the VA to meet my demand for the C-file.

Anyone know what the time frames are requiring the VA to comply?

Edited by 63Charlie

You are right, though I can't remember for sure, I believe it is 30 days for a FOIA.  Of course they don't make that deadline and no one seems to care.  I am in the same boat.  I want to dispute some of my claims and received a similar timeline, mine says 2018-2019.  Pretty hard to dispute without "knowing for sure" what they used to make the decision.  I think several of mine are actually CUEs, but...how to know for sure without the C-File?  It makes you wonder if they are setting dates more then a year out for this very reason, just my feeling on the situation.

Folks:

Ordered my C-file as soon as I sent in my first claim almost a year ago and am trying to finish a NOD. Basically, I've come to the realization now that although it would have a major impact on my NOD outcome, there's no way that I'm not going to see it before the NOD goes out? 

Also, after hearing a speech by President Obama yesterday about NASA's proposed timeline for landing an American on Mars around 2030 - 2035, I told my wife I at least wanted to live long enough to see that event ..and realized that I may even see my C-File by then as well. :)

Godspeed, Rootbeer22

Edited by rootbeer22
Typo

I suggest you look at Facebook Group; "VA IS LYING". Group is run by Ronald Nesler. There are VA folks you can contact for assistance in a pinned post. Seems to help many.

• HadIt.com Elder

63 CHARLIE

where did you or what did you have to clink on in ebenny's to find that out?

I've look every here on ebenny's?

My Cfile has been Requested twice since last April 2015  over a year now, I requested it again May of this year   still not a word.

not even a letter they recieved my request..but they did sign for it  the last two times I requested it using The GREENCARD.

I got lucky I didn't need it for my last claim I had most of my STR's and evidence I needed.

but now I still need my C-FILE for some beat out retro they did to me back in 2002.

I caught this on the award letter from  this last claim   the EOB dates were the same as my award letter back in 2002.

I need it to see if they made a mistake on some dates  but if i can find CONCRETE EVIDENCE about some dates and the originals ones  then I will file for my correct EED from back then.

............Buck

I was in the same boat with the 2018 C-File. So I waited about 6 months and then emailed the security of the VA. I kindly explained my situation ( I needed my Service medical records to get an IME/IMO for my NOD) and within 2 days got a call from someone on his staff saying my C-File would be in the mail today and at my house tomorrow. And he was not joking my C-File showed up the next day.