VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal Closed in Ebenefits

Rate this question

Sroarkmua

Question

Hello,

I had three apeals for effective dates close on Jan 29, 2016. I received a letter from BVA on Feb 8, 2016 stating they were granting an earlier effective date for my 100% service connection. The original effective date was 2/03/2013 and now it's 2/04/2012. So my question is how long should I expect it to take for retroactive to hit my account? I've won one other appeal through BVA in 2010 for my 50% rating and retroactive hit within 3 weeks of the claim closing. My claim is flagged with hardship. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Thank you!

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Hopefully it will not take too long.....since it is flagged for Hardship.

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!

I am curious...Is this a case whereby you received SSDI within the first year of filing the claim , and VA had notice of the SSDI findings ,and they had failed to determine "entitlement arose" due to the SSDI award for the same SC disabilities?

15 minutes ago, Berta said:

Hopefully it will not take too long.....since it is flagged for Hardship.

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!

I am curious...Is this a case whereby you received SSDI within the first year of filing the claim , and VA had notice of the SSDI findings ,and they had failed to determine "entitlement arose" due to the SSDI award for the same SC disabilities?

FB_US_250x250.jpg

Thanks for your response. No, actually. I was orignally service connected 50% PTSD in 2010 with an effective date of 2001. After winning a claim after 9 years I was estatic and didn't care what the percentage was. In 2013 I filled for an increase for my PTSD and was sent through a c&p. In 2014, I was granted a 100% rating for anxiety disorder. They connected it with my PTSD but listed it as a seperate disability. I appealed the effective date of the decison stating something like "if it's related to my PTSD then it should have the effective date of my PTSD. Well we both know the VA doesn't work that way. I provided medical evidence showing an increase in anxiety and ptsd and that's why they took the effective sate back a year. Hope this helps!