VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Staying in intent to file

Rate this question

snow1wave

Question

I claimed about 5-6 different disabilities, most of them are in the intent to claim section. I read it says intent to claim is there if you are going to add more evidence, I don't have anymore evidence, just waiting for the exams, how do I get it out of intent to claim status? Also I claimed ptsd, the event that caused it should be in my service folder, but I never got treatment for it while I was in, how will that work when my exam comes around?

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

snow

I guess I'm not understanding your question?

your intent to file claim is there to add evidence before you push the button for them to decided it.

you need to have a VA diagnoses for PTSD, if you don't they will flat out deny your claim for that,.

not sure what all other contentions your claiming.

Now , if you don't have any more evidence to add to your INT then you should submit it, if this is what your referring to?

your quote:

''I read it says intent to claim is there if you are going to add more evidence, I don't have anymore evidence''

I guess there just reminded you to go ahead and submit it?

jmo

..................Buck

C&P docs don't usually diagnose, they evaluate your current symptoms vs. your diagnosis and create evidence that the raters use for the claim. If you want to claim something and have not been treated for it, yet, it helps to have been treated for awhile first. Not saying they wont call it PTSD, but for something like that Id rather have case notes from my therapist to back me up not a one shot opinion of 1 person that has only seen me 1 time. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Did you get a C&P without a Diagnose for PTSD?

Did the VA set you up a C&P for PTSD and  other contention that you claim?

Usually a Diagnoses needs to be diagnosed before the C&P  but I guess its possible to get a C&P from other older contentions?

if you never submitted your INT then they should  not set you up for a C&P for that just yet?

or like I mention maybe I am not understanding your question?