VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exam Completed [Bad Vibe]

Rate this question

Cobra4v

Question

I had my exam done today for a request of an increase on my knees, shoulder, neck. The examiner evaluated my shoulder and I told her I have frequent flare ups that last for weeks at a time. Commonly, I roll out of bed with a frozen shoulder which relieves slightly along the day. On today's exam which was early in the morning, my shoulder just so happened to have a flare up. I was confident this was a good thing so the examiner could see how my shoulder was on most days. We did an exercise for a measurement placing my hand to my side and raising my arm vertically. Well, I wasn't able to raise it past my chest and stayed pretty much even to my waist line where I was in pain. I looked at the examiner and said, that's it, this is where i'm in a lot of pain. She said, Really?? Well I need you to keep moving it until you cant. I again did the exercise and raised my arm, trying to push through the pain but I wasn't able to raise it much more. 

Towards the end of the exam, she mentioned "most people" are able to lift their arm in that exercise. I don't know how to feel about this. I was kind of dumbfounded when she told me this. I feel as if she singled me out a little here.

There is a long history of my shoulder injuries in my file. All with ROM measurements and complaints about flare ups. I guess i'll have to wait and see what the outcome is. 

I'm not sure if this was the area of my evaluators profession.  Is there a way to evaluate the process if this is inaccurate? Can I contact the VA and speak to them about it and request another evaluation on my shoulder?

Edited by Cobra4v

This is usually the process. Most examiners under rate your disability to begin with.  What you must be concerned at this point is service connection, that is the goal.  You have appeal options after you are rated, if you disagree with the rating.

If there was a way to have C&P's evaluated, the hired doctors would fail miserably.  The process is rigged in the VA favor.

Unfortunately the waiting process starts, however, this is great because it gives you time to get medical evidence/IMO,IME/ect., to tip the scales in your favor and accurately assess your disability.   

JMO

• HadIt.com Elder

yes find out this examiner expertise  and what her credentials are.

check you ROM in that particular exam..they should be found here on hadit.

or wait to see what she said in her report. you can ger the C&P Report a week or so after the exam  from VBA Veterans Benefit Administration ,,,office

Arng I'm already S/C for these conditions. I was being evaluated for an increase.

buck I've also heard the work up can be found on mhv shortly after. I will try this too. 

Thanks I'll try and head over their on Monday.

Buck, where are the measurements here on Hadit? Couldn't find it, do you have a link perhaps?