VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

It's A Start

Rate this topic

Hello Everyone!

Went On Ebennie First Thing This Morning And The Following Is What I Found:

1. Hysterectomy - Service Connect - 0%

2. Cervical Radiculopathy - Not Service Connect 

3. Left Foot - Hallux Valgus (bunion) - Service Connect - 0%

4. Right Foot - Hallux Valgus (bunion) - Service Connect - 0%

5. Pes Planus - Service Connect - 30%

I Hear NODs Calling My Name! Thank You To All For Your Candid Advices, I Will Keep Everyone Updated As Time Allows. I Also Will Send Some Funds When All Said And Done! ❤️ 

Hoooraaaaaaaa!!!

REACH ONE TO TEACH ONE

Hi Everyone!

@Andyman73, yes! I received treatments for all and continue to receive treatment.

@broncovet, my effective date is 3/18/16. Therefore, I'm still good right? We have a year to file a NOD, is that correct? Anyway, I'm gathering new and material evidence as well. Also, since filing, I'm still being treated for the remaining four. I was blown away with the hysterectomy decision and considering filing a reconsideration on that one, due to I feel the examiner checked the wrong box in error. Isn't the opinion and rationale supposed to coincide? They awarded me SMC(K-1) as well. Just my opinion, but I'm still at awe due to them rating me service connect - 0% for the hysterectomy and SMC, but couldn't give me a reasonable rating. Oh well...as they say! Back to the drawing board to sketch out my next move!

not sure why you received 0 percentage for a hysterectomy. always thought that was an automatic 50 percent, if done while on active duty!

shouldn't that also qualify you for smc?

Edited by iceturkee

Prettypantha,

It just occurred to me, with your feet, that maybe they rated the different issues all together.  I am 30% for pes cavus w/plantar fasciitis, bilateral. I also have a few other issues as well.  When you look on the rating chart it has a decent breakdown of the rates and how they got there.  For mine, the pes cavus w/plantar fasciitis would be 50% if I had hammer toes as well, which would indicate a more serious pes cavus condition. You may be under a similar situation where the pyramiding factor comes into play.

Hopefully others will chime in with additional info.

Semper Fi

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use