VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question on whether I will get service connected

Rate this question

rwoods04

Question

I have been diagnose with Depression and Anxiety by a VA Psychologist and is currently receiving treatment and I put in a claim in for it. My claim is now in the Prep for Decision. My question is would I get service connected even if I did not complain about it in service, my years was 2001-2005?  

Thank you in advance, I really do value you input.

rwoods

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Hard telling, but, here is an idea...

You need to get your service medical records (you were in for 4 years) and see what is there.  See if you have any current ailments that can be attributed to your service time that you sought medical help for either gov or private docs.

Then make a claim on one or all of them and get SC'd for something.

Then build a case for your Depression and Anxiety and how it connects.

However, you may become SC'd with what you have allready started, and you need to wait for that desision first.

Good luck,

Hamslice

Easier to ask, then look at prior posts, did you ever get a copy of your MH DBQ?

Just looked back, your on appeal and just had a C & P for a new (FDC?) claim (PTSD?) right? Did you get a copy of that C & P DBQ? We, and you, need to know what the C & P Psychiatrist had to say.

The NOD you filed, what route did you take, BVA or DRO Review or Official DRO Hearing?

How about posting a redacted copy of your Denial?

Semper Fi

Thanks for the reply,

Gastone, I did submit a claim for PTSD but got denied but on my MH DBQ there was a box check for Depression and on my denial letter it said that a Mental health condition for Depression was dx but not PTSD.  That's what prompt me to put in a claim for it.  When I get a chance I will try and post my C&P Exam.  

You know your medical records better than we do.  If you don't have them, get them.  See if they contain these 3 things:

1.  Current diagnosis of depression.

2.  In service event or aggravation.  (unless you are claiming it as a secondary condition, such as secondary to a service connected TBI, for example.)

3.  Nexus, or doctors stamen linking one and 2, above. 

If yes, there is a good chance you will be service connected, probably upon appeal, (since most first time claimants are denied). 

If no, then, probably you wont be service connected.