VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TBI and allergic to most drugs

Rate this question

armorer

Question

Do you have to do TBI and mental health drugs to get rated over 30% if you have a current nexus (100%) and IMO (70%)?

I am chemically sensitive 1/8 Cherokee Indian as 20% of you may be.

I refuse to be a dead lab-rat for drug companies. I just have done the mildest dose (10 mg) of the mildest anxiety drug flouxetine, and had internal bleeding, open sores due to Sun exposure (!!), intoxication, and bowel/bladder elimination restrictions (in 4 days.) So now they want to try some other unproven drug for sleep: an SSRI which is an internal organ killer - suicide, kidneys, liver, heart, seizures? What the hell, it's not their body and they get paid by the drug companies to kill us (??)

** Is that the only choice? Are we coerced into killing ourselves internally for drug company test-rats to receive compensation for our service connected injuries? That is not right.

Peace.

Edited by armorer

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Due to my Chronic Crohn's Disease, and 2 blood transfusions, I am not able to take most medicines like normal people. I will say that I have tried to take most Meds that Docs have attempted to use to treat my multitude of health issues, both physical and mental. To be honest, for the most part, whether you take meds or not has nothing to do with Hard Physical Medical Evidence like, X Rays, MRIs and other evidence. I have had easily over 50 scans, or MRIs of some sorts over the last couple years, and that alone smacks the Docs with hard evidence that cant be argued. Again as stated in the CFR guidelines, most disabilities are granted SC based on Disability, Condition, and Symptoms. Good luck

8 hours ago, Navy04 said:

Due to my Chronic Crohn's Disease, and 2 blood transfusions, I am not able to take most medicines like normal people. I will say that I have tried to take most Meds that Docs have attempted to use to treat my multitude of health issues, both physical and mental. To be honest, for the most part, whether you take meds or not has nothing to do with Hard Physical Medical Evidence like, X Rays, MRIs and other evidence. I have had easily over 50 scans, or MRIs of some sorts over the last couple years, and that alone smacks the Docs with hard evidence that cant be argued. Again as stated in the CFR guidelines, most disabilities are granted SC based on Disability, Condition, and Symptoms. Good luck

Cool! Could you please point me to the CFR guidelines for TBI, TDIU, Anxiety, and secondary to TBI/ headaches, sleep apnea, depression, Tinnitus-hearing loss-vertigo/Menierres?

CFR guidelines were very effective in getting Chapter 31 educational benefits. Unfortunately, I failed my school's exit board exam 4 times before I got my TBI Dx (doah!) I spent months of living expenses on high dollar tutoring programs (twice) that were pretty much for nothing except wasting precious time: something I never have enough of these days with chronic fatigue and a slow brain.

Thanks again for the hope and leads.