VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits

Rate this question

Willie13

Question

Hello i am new to the forums, hoping to find some answers.  I am currently going through an MEB, i have my rating packet from the va but it shows on my ebenefits that it is still gathering evidence.  The va packet was given to me by my peblo.  I also cant generate a letter saying what my percentage is.  Trying to see if this is because i am still active?  Or if there is something else i need to do?  Thanks in advanced for any help.

5 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit!

The current status of Ebenefits is only as current as the people who keep it updated. It is not unusual for it to lag behind.

When Ebenefits came out, they had two levels of authentication. The first level you could do online and access some features on the site. The second level required in-person authentication and allowed access to additional features. I think that part has been changed. I'm not sure if you are fully enrolled, so I recommend you click on Contact and call them. They should be able to explain why you cannot access some features.

eBenefits Questions and Technical Issues
1-800-983-0937
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 8:00 pm ET

An "update" is coming out for the letter generation the later part (very late) part of June 2016.

They "hope" this fixes the issue and some other issues.

This is what you get by going with the lowest bidder.

If you applied for comp prior to the end of service then you will not get an official status from the VA until the day following your date of discharge. Essentially, you cannot be on active duty and receive compensation. It is the law. Keep in mind, it will probably take the VA a couple of weeks following your discharge to receive your newest DD214 and finish processing the claim, but the effective date will be the day following your discharge.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
On 7/3/2016 at 9:02 PM, Kgosi said:

If you applied for comp prior to the end of service then you will not get an official status from the VA until the day following your date of discharge. Essentially, you cannot be on active duty and receive compensation. It is the law. Keep in mind, it will probably take the VA a couple of weeks following your discharge to receive your newest DD214 and finish processing the claim, but the effective date will be the day following your discharge.

Great info!

Back 20+ years ago when I got out, they simply told me to go visit my county VA rep and they would start the process. I'm really glad they changed that.

Back from vacation, time to get back to work on everything...

Vync, it was the same for me.  Go to the VA and "trust the system",  I obviously either didn't pay attention or just didn't hear the next part about being sure to bring plenty of K-Y...