VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD non C&P Exam?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Has anyone ever heard of a NON   PTSD C&P  Exam?

Can a veteran get a S.C. rating without having a PTSD C&P Exam?

if so how is it possible???

Edited by Buck52

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

My Reason for asking

I had a Veteran ask me that.

He has never had a C&P Exam    but has filed a PTSD Claim and on his benny's  he said  that they have his status for Preparations for decision?

He never was mailed a letter letting him know of a C&P

so does this mean he maybe denied?  ...even though he never recieved his C&P letter

.when a veteran does not  get informed of a C&P.

AND in his ebenny's it says preparation for decision & if gets denied....wtf?

what can a veteran do in a case like that?

NOD the decison but its not the Veterans fault here   and it just adds more time for his claim to be Adjudicated.

Anybody?

I have seen several occasions where a veteran gets a decision without a C&P.  It is usually because they missed the appointment that this happens.  In this case he will be denied.  Did the veteran call and make sure that he did not somehow miss an appointment that they didn't know was scheduled?

The other possibility is if they were medically separated due to their PTSD and then the VA would use those exams to rate him and may not ask for additional information.

• HadIt.com Elder

He was not notified of any C&P Exams or any other VA Exams

I mention to him that he needs to call the 1-800 # ask if he has been sent a letter for a C&P Exam and the dates for it. ASAP...

I haven't heard back yet

he has sent in all the correct documentation medical records from STR'S and his strssors/Notes and VA Diagnoses of PTSD..DD 214 WITH CIB...it does look like he has the proper medical information  along with his diagnoses  that they could possible rate him without a C&P.

• HadIt.com Elder

I may not be understanding him on this?   here is what he mention in PM

Buck,

''Hi.  I' m in receipt of a decision letter from VA dated 16 June 16.  Letter starts stating VA has made a decision in your case. First statement is in reference to CUE, stating in Dec 19, 2015 decision, VA made a mistake on the award date.  I NEVER received a decision notification letter last December.  How do I go about getting a copy of the decision letter?''

''I'm still waiting for a rating for Sleep apnea.  Board of appeals letter dated Oct 19. 2015 granted service connection for SA.  I still have not be service connected for SA.  Is this just a matter of time before it's awarded.  Ebenefits shows nothing relavent to SA. Very confusing.''

• HadIt.com Elder

i'M NOT SURE WHY i MENTION C&P non exam?? I guess I'm losing it  eh!

...I guess I got him mixed up with another vet...I am helping 5 vets at once   or trying my best to  and I get them mixed up at times   sorry for the confusing  

........Buck

That's OK..I had replied to part of the thread but then you added the above reply.

Buck, 15-20 years or more ago I used to help local vets who were pts at the local VAMC here in NY.

There was no internet then as it is now.

But it became overwhelming.

These days if a local vet contacts me about a claim, I tell them to try to get on line with us here because if they cant use a PC, their chances for succeeding with their claim are greatly decreased and every library around has public PCs and some even have free courses on how to use them.They can even get a personal  email addy via a library

If they cant do that ,I give them the contact info for the closest vet reps in our area. One is right at the Bath VAMC.

Everything any claimant  needs to know is here plus the advantage of being able to scan their decisions for us to read because those decisions tell them exactly what they need to give to the VA in order to succeed.We can help decifer the VA lingo for them.

I asked a question here a few weeks ago for a local vet who is PC literate but never joins us and no one answered the question.....but I believe it was a ridiculous question anyhow,and his story changed Again the other day......so I think

after me asking him to join us here many times,over the years, or going right over to the VAMC 20 miles away to see a vet rep,which he has never done yet,  that all he has

is just a story. 

I guess my point is not to burn yourself out Buck.