VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

NOD Evidence .....when is it actually needed?

Rate this question

Wayne TX

Question

QUESTION 1 -  Is there normally a point in time after I send in my NOD that RO will ask me to send in my new evidence prior to my actual DRO HEARING. 

QUESTION 2  -  Am I legally required to submit any "new" evidence prior to my DRO HEARING as standard protocol. 

I'd rather do all my "new evidence" in person than send ahead of DRO Hearing to be able explain in more detail and point out every nook and cranny? I'd like to build additional evidence and get additional IMO's done to make my Appeal even stronger while waiting to hear back on RO's next move before DRO HEARING gives a date.   

QUESTION 3 -- Can I hold back ALL "New" evidence until my actual DRO HEARING interview?  

Thanks,

Wayne

Edited by Wayne TX

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Wayne TX:

Good questions as I need to know the same info. Last week, I sent in all of the evidence that I currently had and am in the process of getting more evidence. From what I hear, it's going to be a long time before the DRO review occurs. In some cases, it may take at least 2 years or more?

I have another added question,.... can you file another claim while the NOD is pending on other contentions not related to the new claim...??

Godspeed Rootbeer22

I too recently filed a NOD...

Waiting on my doctor to complete my IMO and I'm mailing it to Janesville...ASAP.

Giving the RO new evidence to consider prior to the issuance of the SOC in the appeal process.

Don't see any downside in submitting new favorable medical evidence on my behalf.

If they deny my new evidence....the VARO will be need to refute my medical opinion with one of their own.

If nothing else...the VARO will have to show their hand in the SOC before I go in front of the  BVA.

I did the traditional appeal. No DRO review.They review it automatically anyway before issuing a SOC. Figured why waste more time at the VARO.

At this point I have no clue as to the rhyme or reason of VARO decisions.

Edited by 63Charlie