VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Results Ankylosing Spondylitis

Rate this question

sauerkraut1977

Question

Hi all. Finally went to the regional office today and got my results to share for some good old feed back. of course in my opinion another shitty exam but starting to get use to them now and I will be an appeals expert one of these days. Sorry I had to attach the results but I got them on paper and I had to scan them as a pdf file because I can not use windows 10 worth a shit. The files open up in the Microsoft edge thing and it will not let me copy and paste them or give me the option to save as a word document. Anyways as usual it says onw thing then another and the doctor says its not service connected in his opinion but he was googling the disease because he did not know what it is. also he only wanted to look at my back only but the disease is complicated and has been caught early enough I do not have much x-ray evidence and it effects my joints more than my back and neck. I look forward to some feedback and computer help if someone knows how I can copy and paste the results in the body of this message. Appreciate you all and thanks again!

Back DBQ.pdf

Back Medical Opinion.pdf

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
1 hour ago, sauerkraut1977 said:

I will be sure to do that. I cannot a rater actually saying that. I have a picture in my head that they get our claim and look at all the documents and they only read a page or two then say well... lets do 10% and call it a day. I uploaded all my medical records from myhealthvet website after I submitted my claim and I was going to do so again since I am still receiving treatment there so it will be current right before the decision date. It makes me scratch my head in wonder at what the raters think when they are handling our claims and at the same time I do not think I would want that job because I am biased and I would SC everyone. Thanks again!

You might be right.

I personally have not had any claims in the system for a few years, but for the last few staff from the VARO did call me to verify everything before finalizing and mailing the award letter/SSOC. They mentioned being from "quality control", but I could not help but laugh silently. What a novel concept...

I definitely believe they have the "quality control department". I think they probably do not do anything and it might explain why dealings with the government takes as long as it does. You must have made an impression at your VARO for them to call you before issuing an award, wish I was that special. I was at the VA this afternoon and a lady who works there just starting talking to me when she saw I was in a cast and I told here about this issue and she said " just have your doctor write a statement that your condition is service connected and it can be used as your C&P and send it across the street" Here in Houston I am lucky that the RO is here as I can take a van shuttle that runs every 15 minutes from the RO to the hospital so it makes some things easier like getting copies of exams results done outside of VA. o I will just hurry up and wait till the next doctor appointment soon and hope the doctors in a god mood that day. take care! 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
12 hours ago, sauerkraut1977 said:

I definitely believe they have the "quality control department". I think they probably do not do anything and it might explain why dealings with the government takes as long as it does. You must have made an impression at your VARO for them to call you before issuing an award, wish I was that special. I was at the VA this afternoon and a lady who works there just starting talking to me when she saw I was in a cast and I told here about this issue and she said " just have your doctor write a statement that your condition is service connected and it can be used as your C&P and send it across the street" Here in Houston I am lucky that the RO is here as I can take a van shuttle that runs every 15 minutes from the RO to the hospital so it makes some things easier like getting copies of exams results done outside of VA. o I will just hurry up and wait till the next doctor appointment soon and hope the doctors in a god mood that day. take care! 

I don't know if I made an impression of sorts, but it actually caught me by surprise.

That was really nice of the lady to give you that advice.

It would surprise the hell out of me if they ever called me before hand. I always look on ebenefits and know the answer before the letter arrives since that is the easiest way. If your rating % good decision but probably been low balled, if its the same not good news :-). That lady sure did surprise me now I know according to her the RO will take a VA doctors word over some third party examiner. I guess I will be the guinea pig and soon find out.  

Update.( Need Help), Just checked e-benefits and status has changed to pending decision approval for 7/12-7/14 up from estimated sept date. Here is the problem I have.. I go to the rheumatologist on 7/13 and I am going to stat my Enbrel or Humeria treatment and  I was going to get a Nexxus letter and help on this claim. Is there any way to get this stalled like trying to talk to who has my claim file and talk to them??? As you know it takes 3 days to get access to medical record notes on myhealthvet and I want to get this medical evidence submitted for this claim because I do note want to go through appeal # 3. I just finally got the paperwork on my first appeal and have 60 days to respond so a trip to the VSO is planned for this week. I just have a bad feeling since a 2 month time period just jumped on this claim and as you see the idiot C&P doc did not give me a good exam so I am expecting the worse and a denial decision that  would like to avoid. Plus the exam they just looked at the AS and I have other issues on this claim such as: Disabilities Claimed: ankylosing spondylitis (New), inflammatory arthritis secondary to ankylosing spondylitis (Secondary), BL HEARING LOSS (ACOUSTIC TRAUMA) (New), DJD LUMBAR SPINE (New), DJD CERVICAL SPINE (New). in which I have no had an exam for these other issues Hope someone sees this since I posted under my original topic cause I could use some advise. Thank you all again.

Did your status change on a Saturday or did you not check your status on Friday? The VA working on Saturdays to clear up the backlog would certainly be encouraging.

Edited by EODCMC
Typo