VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

L or L1

Rate this question

Holllie Greene

Question

Hi All,  long time away from the board because of too many things to go into.  I did receive either an L (per the Cal Dept of Veterans Affairs rep that I spoke to on the phone) BUT the ebennies has me rated as L 1.  Confused and frustrated best describe me.  Surely, there is an answer out there somewhere.  This does not surprise me though as it seems it is SNAFU.  Any commments would be appreciated.  I hope you all are hanging in and hanging tough.  Take Good care,  Holllie  P.S. I received a 60% rating (up from 20% I think) for my MS bladder issues.  Thank you.

1 answer to this question

SMC ratings can be so complicated that it is very difficult if not impossible to answer questions about them in a forum. The rating you refer to can be granted for several different reasons and they are not particularly related to each other. There is a guide out there that is pretty useful. Try taking a look at this PDF. http://www.nepva.org/downloads/SMC Guide.pdf

It does a pretty good job of explaining what each of the SMC codes mean and what it takes to get that particular rating. I did notice that the S rating is not particular clear as they do not mention IU and the effect it can have on that SMC.