VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retro pay question

Rate this question

rvance313

Question

Glad to say that my PTSD claim is finally looking like it might be wrapping up soon.  Like many others, I have been tracking my claim on eBenefits and have watched my claim status go from GOE to ROE, back to GOE and then to PFD, back to ROE, and now it is at the PDA stage where it has been for the past few days.  Trying to remain optimistic, I am hoping to see it completed soon with a positive outcome.  According to my VSO, who has been very helpful with this whole process, my claim is a pretty much an automatic approval as my C&P exam went well, I have orders for my CAB, and there isn't much to my case that would complicate things.  I understand that this is all based on opinion but, once again, my optimistic way of thinking likes to think that she (my VSO) knows what shes talking about.

With all of that being said, my initial intent to file date is 22 March 15, which according to my VSO, means that if my claim is in fact approved, I would receive retro pay from 1 April 15.  This leads to me my main question... I filed a PTSD claim back in 2012 that was ultimately denied and I am trying to figure out whether or not I am eligible to receive retro pay from my initial claim or not.  As I mentioned earlier, my VSO told me that it would only go back as far as my current claim which was supposed to only be a year but I have read on quite a few of these forums that people have received retro pay from far more than just a year.  Just checking to see if anyone knows the facts on this subject or if it is even worth another battle with the VA.

All advice is greatly appreciated

I wonder that same thing but as I mentioned earlier, I was caught up in changing addresses for a while so there is a good chance that they sent me the exam date and I never received it because of me no longer being at that address.  It seems just as likely that they didn't even send it though, basing that on the premise that aren't always as honest as they should be, as you mentioned.  I think that is what I will do when I bring up this up again; let them know that I never received the appt. date.  You're a genius!  Thanks again

I do not have a copy of my C-file or the denial/decision paperwork from 2012 claim.  The only information I have, is what is on eBenefits, and that's not much.  Is there a way I could obtain that information?