VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Establishing correct effective disability dates!

Rate this question

waccamawwild

Question

I am a US Navy 100% permanent and total disabled veteran. I have 12 service connected injuries which vary in percentages from 0 to 70%. Five of my service connected injuries are over twenty years old. The VA has set the wrong effective dates for these five service connected injuries which indicates I haven't reached the twenty year mark. Ebenefits shows the wrong effective dates. I sent the VA regional office a copy of old rating decision which showed the correct effective rating code sheet dates. I have heard nothing in months. Ebenefits has wrong dates as well. Suggestions please!!!

4 answers to this question

An easy option would be to start sending complaints via IRIS about the incorrect dates...maybe once a week for a month.  Then if still no change, then contact your Congress person.

Absolutely...I agree with Andyman and you can file an IRIS as a complaint.There is a pop down box for complaints and they seem to get faster attention then regular IRIS inquiries.

Thanks for the suggestions. I sent out Iris inquiries today!

If you want to throw $50 bucks at it and get it repaired in two months or less, file an Extraordinary Writ of Mandamus at the CAVC. VA will step on their necktie trying to get it done asap. Your logic and entitlement to the Writ can be summarized as worry that if you suddenly passed away, they might use this to deprive you of legitimate DIC for the wifesan or screw you out of some SMC funds. If VA is dogging it, the Writ is a really cool way to get their attention on a RFN basis. 

https://asknod.org/2015/03/08/cavc-birth-of-a-writ-act-iii-scene-8-down-for-double/