VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Severe arthrosis of Left knee

Rate this question

redleg2016

Question

Question:  During my upcoming C & P exam will they rate me off a recent MRI that states (moderate to severe medial compartmental arthrosis and small volume knee joint effusion.  

Background:  recieved 10% rating for my left knee for limited flexion upon leaving military in 2005.  20% denegerative disc L4, L5 S1   10% right knee for limited flexion.  Left knee has gotten to the point where I cannot walk without severe pain, leg gives out (and on one occasion fell and broke cocyx which has cause bowels movement issues and constant pain 3 years after fall)  

Recent MRI:   Moderate to severe medial compartment arthrosis and Small volume knee joint effusion.    Doctor had me fitted with knee brace to take weight of knee.  I asked if I could go in and get knee cleaned out to help with pain and mobility and he said it is too late that cartilidge is gone (only thing is knee replacement and I am too young (44) for that.   

My concern is they will do a flexion test and not take into consideration my MRI.   What should I do to get my knee pain fixed....  I would gladly do a knee replacement now if it meant I could walk again and enjoy basic activities...  

I appreciate any advice and help during upcoming C & P exam.  

v/r

donnie

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

If the VA did the MRI they will certainly take it into consideration. If it was done somewhere other then the VA then you need to make sure they get a copy of it. 

As to the knee replacement, keep in mind that the VA will probably reduce your disability after the knee replacement. But I agree with you, if I could run again I would be willing to give up my VA disability comp in a second.