VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

CUE ON EED

Rate this question

cooter

Question

Can my son initiate a CUE from the following info?

He put in a claim in 2004 for colon cancer due to Depleted Uranium as a crew member on a tank. Claim was denied.                                                                                                                         He appealed several times with new evidence each time.

In 2008 he changed the etiology from Depleted Uranium to Unknown source. (note),,,he thinks VRO instead of using same claim they opened a new one cause it took 4 years to judicate.         He was called in for C&P exam in 2011 and finalized in 2012, approved 100% P&T. Effective Date 2008.

He contacted his VARO to complain about the EED should have been 2004 when he first started the appeals. VARO confirmed there was no records of appeals in his case file for that year.       Only claim on file was the 2008 claim that he started for colon cancer due to Unknown Sources. REALLY! What exactly happened before 2004 and 2008! 

Now 2016, my son recently got a copy of his c-file that had all his SOC's, appeals from 2004 up to the 2012 claim.

Would this be considered as a CUE or could there be other options that he can file?

<Coot>

Edited by cooter

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Not enough info here.Can he join us or give you permissions to scan and attach the initial SOC he got in 2004?

We would need to see their award letter with the 2008 EED in it.

(Cover C file etc prior to scanning) 

Hi Berta! Sure I can do that no problem. I'll talk to him and I'm sure he'll have no problem signing on with the information. Besides that'll be a whole lot better than me being a middle man with questions I can't answer. I'm so sorry to hear about Carlie. She was such an intelligent lady, not to mention all the other things she was so loved for.

<Cooter>