VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

back to gathering evidence for a third time

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

I haven't filed any new issues since Feb. because I have noticed it does delay your claim initially filed. They seem to lump them all together if you already have one filed. Now for a third time its been in preparation for a decision now back to gathering evidence. I am currently at 90% for the fact that I won my appeal 6 years later for my TBI. Now I chose to reopen the denial for my claim for PTSD they said was Major Depressive disorder with anxiety distress they said was and could be willful misconduct. But the appeal I won reversed the VA's findings and upheld my service departments decision. Now I have been on a silent mode on  here because I haven't had a computer until this week because it took me awhile to set up after I just moved to DE. Does anyone have any  ideas what they want now I called yesterday and all the VA could say is they are requesting records from my  service department? They have my deployment records already I thought I can see them on ebenefits but it makes me mad I apparently had a deployment that lasted 2 days which was incorrect it was 2 days before I transferred from Khandahar to Afghanistan for 8 months.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I was just notified my PTSD claim is being looked at by a medical personal to give their opinion if a statement I submitted will be enough evidence to give their opinion. I wrote a statement at my Regional Office that I gave my timeline of deployment and the fact in my exam they didn't show that I was diagnosed with a TBI which now is in my VA file. So he said depending on their workload it could be a month but hopefully I wont need a 3 third C&P for the same issue.

But in my statement of the case says depression if diagnosed with a TBI is supposed to be service connected this is copy and pasted from my medical record on the blue button from 2014. And still says in the opinion that no evidence of a TBI was reviewed but I guess that's why the medical opinion.

Therefore, it is at least as likely as

not that this veteran's Unspecified Depressive Disorder with

symptoms of anxious distres is secondary to his Unspecified Trauma

or Stressor Related Disorder