VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hope I'm Not Jinxing myself and still with Questions

Rate this question

ADodge

Question

So I hope I am not JINXING myself.  I have received notice from the DAV and also unofficially from ebenefits that a combined evaluation of S has been assigned as a result of the following actions:  and it goes on to list at least 10 different actions.  Some don't apply at this time and some just restate decisions that were already in place or made in the past. such as the rating of 60% for Asthma.  And the denial for COPD, restrictive lung disease, anxiety disorder and idiopathic hypersomnia.  It states the effective date which I feel is wrong but I wont NOD it since I currently have a NOD in for an effective date that goes back to 1984.  I also am not going to contest or appeal the COPD or restrictive lung disease decision for the same reason.  It's been hard enough just getting them to recognize the fact that the Asthma an in-service injury for Christ sake!!! 

Anyway I was given 70% !!!! for the PTSD (MST) which was very surprising!!!  And then Entitlement to individual unemployability.  And then there is this sentence that I don't understand which I hope someone can explain and answer what this benefit is.  I have read the official regulation regarding this benefit but needless to say it simply confused me even more because none of the regulations are written in plain and simple ENGLISH!!!  (And that really pisses me off  considering they were suppose to rewrite all these regulation so that they were in plain ENGLISH.  But that has not happened!  And for the ones that they think they have done that too!!!  Well I don't know who it is that is translating the complicated English to Plain English but who or whom ever it is, DOES NOT SPEAK OR KNOW EXACTLY WHAT PLAIN ENGLISH IS!!!)  

Sorry I had to say that.  Got distracted.  Anyway on with my question.  I don't under stand what the ENTITLEMENT TO SPECIAL MONTHLY COMPENSATION BASED ON HOUSEBOUND CRITERIA BEING MET IS GRANTED FROM Then there is a date.  

So if someone could explain that to me and I also was wondering if there is a site someplace where I could figure what the retroactive amount will be.  (I realize the VA will figure it out for me but I would like to double check what they are figuring)  Ya so I guess I don't trust them 100%   Does anybody else???

Thanks for the input and help.  Aileen

Congrats on getting your 100%, sorry I lost track of your posts.

As to the SMC S (1) (Statutory Housebound), has nothing to do with you being completely or partially Housebound. AskNod discussed your IU Award and the 70% PTSD being considered your (1) SC Condition, although 70% is now considered 100% because of the IU Award.

You have other SC's that when combined, excluding the PTSD, reach the 60% SC threshold for the SMC S (1).

The SMC Retro Date, should go back to your PTSD Claim Filing date, that being the Award that got you the Inferred IU Award.

I got a SMC S (1) mystery Award 12/18/15, from Quality Review of 07/15 Decision Denial, that was bumped a long time SA SC from 50 to 100%. Retro from 7/15 hit end of 01/16. E-Ben show Award 01/03/16, I didn't get the New Award Letter till mid 04/15.

Mid May, I filed an "Official Request for CUE Review," of the Retro Date of 07/15. E-Ben 8/22 indicated Cue Review Closed 8/22 and Decision Letter Mailed. No VA Decision letter received as of 08/24 4pm, however about 2yrs of additional SMC S Retro did hit my Bank account at 5:10pm, per Txt Transaction notification.

Semper Fi