VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Temp Benefits for VA Rehab Centers?

Rate this question

Christheexplorer

Question

Hello, 

So I am attempting to clear up a rumor that has been circulating around the VA drug rehab center where I am currently housed.

On my VA campus there are six or seven temporary housing buildings for veterans. I am in one of these  and there is a rumor that I hear constantly but cannot find definitive proof of. 

Similar to the temporary benefits a veteran receives for hospitalization ( benefits received for service members who are hospitalized for more than 21 days) it is being said that  we can also receive this temporary 100% connected benefits. 

I am not sure it would fall under service-connected or nonservice connected.    In fact, I cannot find much information about this anywhere, so I am hoping someone on this forum has some knowledge on this issue. 

I am assuming it can be claimed either from the VA or from Social Security. Any info is appreciated!

1 answer to this question

The local VAMC here in NY has an excellent rehab program. It has nothing to do with providing any sort of compensation.

There are 2 VSOs and a state vet rep on the grounds.If anyone in the program wants to file a VA comp claim,for a service connected disability,(which their rehab records might be  needed for) and they can do that right there at the VA.

SSA and SSI are also programs they might be eligible for. Might.....the SSA has a web site explaining their criteria.