VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Calling the 1800 number a bad idea?

Rate this question

Osccore9

Question

Greetings,

I have a question. I have read on this forum that it is a bad idea to call the VA 1800 number to check the status of your claim. Is there a reason for this logic? Is the information disseminated not accurate? Or will it reflect bad on the veteran for constantly calling? Thanks In advance. 

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Osccore9,

If you're looking for information outside of what you can pull up on ebennies then the answer is "Yes". The individual will tell you exactly what you already know and if you ask a question they will give you the standard VA line "Your claim is currently being processed if we need any information from you, you will be notified" or something very close. There is a case management number you can call and they are more inclined to tell you what is going on with you claim, but only after it hits the 6 month mark in most cases. Usually the closer the claim gets to 6 months it moves from gathering dust to prep for decision rather quickly, which has been my experience.

Hello Smooth,

That is exactly what they told me! You are right on the money. I opened my claim on Dec 9 2016, so its been over 6 months. Also, I had my C&P on Jun 03, 2016, is it to soon to contact this number you speak of?