VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question about the time line after my C&P

Rate this question

Osccore9

Question

I had my C&P on June 3, 2016 with a projected date of Aug 20-Oct 28 to have a final decision. I checked ebenefits today and the date changed to Oct 28-Dec 20. Is this normal? I have submitted every document and records available to expedite my claim sooner. Im confused! Is there anything else I can do to speed up the process? Perhaps ask the VA to make a decision?

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

It is very normal.  Just try to ride it out in peace.  It's hard not to get too worried about those dates, because they seem to be arbitrary dates that shift around for no reason.  Try to be patient, you'll get there. 

SeeJeremy,

Thanks for the kind words. I just don't understand the shifting of the dates. I have prepared my case with detail, every piece of document is in place. It is very hard to remain patient, specially when you are jobless and have no where to live.

4 hours ago, Osccore9 said:

SeeJeremy,

Thanks for the kind words. I just don't understand the shifting of the dates. I have prepared my case with detail, every piece of document is in place. It is very hard to remain patient, specially when you are jobless and have no where to live.

Amen Brother!

You are ahead of me though. I need to check mine and see if it is pushed out as well.

My start date went from August to October and Finish date pulled in from January to December, so now it's a 2 month window instead of a 5 month range :-o but the mean shifted from 3.5 months to 4 months: not bad. One of the VSO counselors said it's a national queue system now? I hope that's a good thing, and it's all on line so no delays.

Edited by armorer

I have a friend whom had a C&P exam in early February 2016.

He is still awaiting a decision.................

I too have a claim due to complete by Sep. Most claims even FDCs last give or take 6 months until they are completed. Remember that not every claim is the same, and others can be processed fast then some, and it depends on the RO. Good luck and keep us posted. God Bless