VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P exam

Rate this question

berlin2010

Question

I had my c & p exam  today and I don't think it went well. he was very Stoic and they surprise me with a man.  I also had a episode while telling my story. All I can do is hope it come out in my favor. I hope it come out ok because I'm going to  be homeless. Every time I  speak on about my MST I have  a dissociation

Edited by berlin2010

• HadIt.com Elder

I think Navy4life and I had the same place for our C&P Exam From QTC..Mine was for PTSD DSM 5

They were in a building in Euless Tx between Dallas & Ft Worth

Nice size building   they had a suite and  an Office, for my exam I waited for the examiner  to arrive and just after I checked in with them people at the office  I sat outside the office & the examiner came and introduced her self  a young nice looking black lady and was friendly  she was also a veteran & Physiatrist PHD, we went to her office and it was nice she set behind her big desk and two chairs were in a front, she had glasses on and was looking at the computer just to the right  of her  desk.

she proceeded the exam like a pro. ..was very friendly offered me something to drink.

No Music, just a nice size room and friendly environment & Business 

Was the best C&P I ever had  she made me feel comfortable and was just as nice as could be.

she had read all my records the week before the exam and was very familiar with my claim, she basically just confirmed what was in my records  reading off the computer ,  they had my C-file and STR's and most of my military records that I had submitted as evidence, and list ofmy stressors from Vietnam, she mention to me she had read about my stressors and would not ask me about those   that they were well documented and she didn't want to bring back old memories from the war, there's no need for that, she mention she also was a Desert Storm Veteran so she understand the pain thinking back, anyway I thanked her for that  and she proceeded with the Exam about questions of my employment and my social life prior military and during military...what kind ofjobs I had and why I had problems keeping them, family life social , ect,,,ect,,

When the Exam was over she said I think this just about covers everything  she had a list she went over and named them, she said I have a few more notes to putin the computer and then she wil send it all back to the VA and I should be hearing from them soon, she hug me and told me to take care and we shook hands I said bye  and that was it..I had a great C&P Exam and  my decision was favorable  to a 70%PTSD Rating...

I so do believe it matters a lot as to what type of Examiner the Veteran gets at his/her C&P Exam.

Buck;

We did have the same C&P Examiner!  She was wonderful but if you remember I had a VERY traumatic experience there with the front desk staff.  Remember???  I was actually at the facility for my PTSD/MST increase claim as well as my ankle increase claim.

During my "in between" appointments (after I had the C&P exam for PTSD) I was in the waiting room and over heard two staff members, one a supervisor and the other an employee discussing someone's MST claim and how it had been 12 years and that it was ridiculous and how much time had gone by and how could they prove it and on and on to the point I was shaking and upset and went up to the glass and told them I could hear their entire conversation for one, and that they shouldn't be talking about anyone's claim for that matter.  I had the entire office up in roar!  In fact the nice doctor Buck is describing scooped me up and put me in her office to calm down.  After I did calm down I got everyone's name and I went on with my other C&P exam.

I reported the entire situation to the QTC head office as well as to the VA.  I had several calls with both and at one point the QTC director told me that she knew they were lying to her b/c of my side of the story made complete since.  They tried to say they were talking about a rape surrounding the Bill Cosby situation!  Well that was a lie!  Needless to say I am sure they were reprimanded and I am glad I spoke up.  So many Veterans don't take the time to file complaints regarding the contract facilities in fear of "bad exams".

Well I did get my increase from that PTSD exam and I did get my 100% temp. conv. rating for my right foot due to my left ankle so all worked out!

Again, I agree with Buck that a "nice setting" for your exam is much better.

1 hour ago, Buck52 said:

I think Navy4life and I had the same place for our C&P Exam From QTC..Mine was for PTSD DSM 5

They were in a building in Euless Tx between Dallas & Ft Worth

Nice size building   they had a suite and  an Office, for my exam I waited for the examiner  to arrive and just after I checked in with them people at the office  I sat outside the office & the examiner came and introduced her self  a young nice looking black lady and was friendly  she was also a veteran & Physiatrist PHD, we went to her office and it was nice she set behind her big desk and two chairs were in a front, she had glasses on and was looking at the computer just to the right  of her  desk.

she proceeded the exam like a pro. ..was very friendly offered me something to drink.

No Music, just a nice size room and friendly environment & Business 

Was the best C&P I ever had  she made me feel comfortable and was just as nice as could be.

she had read all my records the week before the exam and was very familiar with my claim, she basically just confirmed what was in my records  reading off the computer ,  they had my C-file and STR's and most of my military records that I had submitted as evidence, and list ofmy stressors from Vietnam, she mention to me she had read about my stressors and would not ask me about those   that they were well documented and she didn't want to bring back old memories from the war, there's no need for that, she mention she also was a Desert Storm Veteran so she understand the pain thinking back, anyway I thanked her for that  and she proceeded with the Exam about questions of my employment and my social life prior military and during military...what kind ofjobs I had and why I had problems keeping them, family life social , ect,,,ect,,

When the Exam was over she said I think this just about covers everything  she had a list she went over and named them, she said I have a few more notes to putin the computer and then she wil send it all back to the VA and I should be hearing from them soon, she hug me and told me to take care and we shook hands I said bye  and that was it..I had a great C&P Exam and  my decision was favorable  to a 70%PTSD Rating...

I so do believe it matters a lot as to what type of Examiner the Veteran gets at his/her C&P Exam.

Buck,

To me, it just sounds like she was highly qualified Professional with great qualifications.

From my experience, QTC newbies suck wind, lie, and can be beat easily by a professional IMO. But the delay game is the suicide lotto where they have great historical success.

• HadIt.com Elder

Well I have to say she treated me with a lot of respect veteran to veteran.

And wanted to get things right she let me talk ask questions and ask about anything I was unsure about

I have had those examiners that want to f*** up my claim, cause problems at RO ect,,ect,, after this exam it has to be the best I've ever been treated by someone who works for the VA.

After 2 weeks or so I got a copy of her report  and everything in it was just what she said  in the exam.

Respect  she called me Sir, then I ask her to  just call me by my name she agreed  and same for her.

btw  this was my First QTC C&P EXAM..All the others were at the VA, every C&P Exam is different especially if its a different Dr...once again I believe is just what type of examiner the veteran gets.

if I ever have another QTC  it may or may not turn out like this one.

Edited by Buck52

Well put gentelman,

i just 100% prefer to have any exam that can determine the fate of my future WITHIN the VA system itself, therefore nothing can "accidently get lost in transit"....but then again, i'm paranoid anyways, at least it has a slightly healthy reasoning behind it hah haha

• HadIt.com Elder

I remember Navy4life, I'm sorry you had to go through all that  and I'm glad you spoke up,I never paid that much attention to the office staff  only notice the young guy behind the counter in the office  seemed to be dressed like a slob  needed a haircut  &  he just looked dirty to me and not well educated.

I had wondered how a guy like that landed a job like that?

I have a profound hearing problem and use special hearing aids, I can turn down the volume if I'm not in conversation with someone  and sitting outside their office in that long room,I just sit there quietly and watched TV, I was probably there about 10 minutes before the examiner arrived.  the guy in the office said she was in her office and would come out soon.

when she came out introduced her self  shook hands  & we headed back to her office.

I notice her office was nice and quiet no ceiling fans or anything to distract me from hearing although she spoke up loud and clear.

After the Exam was over I left there very quick.