VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What exaclty is the RO looking for when assessing your DBQ?

Rate this question

Osccore9

Question

I am confused, as I have heard different opinions from different vets. Are they looking at the symptoms? What ultimately are they looking for? Are they looking at your occupational and social impairment? What determines the rating the VA gives you?

4 hours ago, Osccore9 said:

I was referring to the DBQ for PTSD. What exactly is the RO looking for? I understand there has to be a nexus statement and an in service connection in conjunction with a favorable C&P.

so hello,

let me start, ONLY A VA PSYCHOLOGIST CAN MAKE A DIAGNOSIS OF SERVICE CONNECTED PTSD. this is as solid as ROCK, and not even BVA as far as i am aware of has made ANY exceptions to this one "disease". i am a nasty old cynic so here's what i am gonna say about your Posted Question, then i'll spout off a lot of shit that may make some think i've been fighting the VA for the 16 years i've beeen out of service. nah, only about 2 years of fighting under my belt, but also, i have the weight of every Vet both past and present on my outcome as well, Why? simple, the more of us that win the better odds of us who deserve our Service Connections and Schedular Ratings of winning as well. because we have the experience of those who came before, and the ones who share the Trenches with you today. 

i literally do not use the VA Medical system that isn't Life Altering. i get vaccines, pills, ointments, salves, whatever. but all my mental health and medication management is done through Civilians. you wanna know why this is how i live? Because the VA Disability system is Hell, and it is literally killing us. if they were civilians NO insurance company would cover services....malpractice Insurance alone would prevent them from even being viable outside of D.o.D. so yeah, get used to fighting dirty.

What are our tools you ask? Knowledge, focus, Integrity, and most of all, PERSISTANCE. you are entitle by law compensation, it's Workers Comp for us Vet's who got phukt. they have sooo many delaying tactics, that when you make your first mistake, it only adds time to your whole process.

what i am trying to get at, is that my knee-jerk reaction to your question is this, on a primal level.What exactly is the RO looking for? My opinion, any glaring and blatant reason they can find to kick it out. serious, it's an Art form. i once watched someone on a video who was a supposed Rating Officer, the topic was T.D.I.U. She quoted the Law, and Rules, and Regulation, and in the Comments section someone had blatantly pointed out how she had glaringly and obviously left out section B) , A very important section for those of us who can't squeak up past 50%, you know, the 5 and 0 really does get tossed out there to first time Claim winning Vets. it makes me think a RO Cadence is  "5-0 Is our Tricky No!"

so yeah, sorry if this seems dark, but the truth of the matter is, not many Vets have the ability and know how to apply the Laws and such. too many of us took the mentality, that we were ASKING for something we had earned by an Oath and Affirmation. These are OURS ladies and gentlemen, it's a PERCEPTION we need to begin to incorporate how we deal with the VA. too long have they told Congress and the American people that they were gonna be Big Br---Papa and take care of us Vets, how condescending and vitriolic. we mostly can take care of ourselves, IF GIVEN THE DAMN TOOLS WE NEED. i say we start to act like who we really are, people who earned what is our, that if the LAW is on our side, it is not only morally, politically, and Constitutionally reprehensible. 

Edited by Inarticulate&Distorted
clarification

6 minutes ago, Inarticulate&Distorted said:

so hello,

let me start, ONLY A VA PSYCHOLOGIST CAN MAKE A DIAGNOSIS OF SERVICE CONNECTED PTSD. this is as solid as ROCK, and not even BVA as far as i am aware of has made ANY exceptions to this one "disease". i am a nasty old cynic so here's what i am gonna say about your Posted Question, then i'll spout off a lot of shit that may make some think i've been fighting the VA for the 16 years i've beeen out of service. nah, only about 2 years of fighting under my belt, but also, i have the weight of every Vet both past and present on my outcome as well, Why? simple, the more of us that win the better odds of us who deserve our Service Connections and Schedular Ratings of winning as well. because we have the experience of those who came before, and the ones who share the Trenches with you today. 

i literally do not use the VA Medical system that isn't Life Altering. i get vaccines, pills, ointments, salves, whatever. but all my mental health and medication management is done through Civilians. you wanna know why this is how i live? Because the VA Disability system is Hell, and it is literally killing us. if they were civilians NO insurance company would cover services....malpractice Insurance alone would prevent them from even being viable outside of D.o.D. so yeah, get used to fighting dirty.

What are our tools you ask? Knowledge, focus, Integrity, and most of all, PERSISTANCE. you are entitle by law compensation, it's Workers Comp for us Vet's who got phukt. they have sooo many delaying tactics, that when you make your first mistake, it only adds time to your whole process.

what i am trying to get at, is that my knee-jerk reaction to your question is this, on a primal level.What exactly is the RO looking for? My opinion, any glaring and blatant reason they can find to kick it out. serious, it's an Art form. i once watched someone on a video who was a supposed Rating Officer, the topic was T.D.I.U. She quoted the Law, and Rules, and Regulation, and in the Comments section someone had blatantly pointed out how she had glaringly and obviously left out section B) , A very important section for those of us who can't squeak up past 50%, you know, the 5 and 0 really does get tossed out there to first time Claim winning Vets. it makes me think a RO Cadence is  "5-0 Is our Tricky No!"

so yeah, sorry if this seems dark, but the truth of the matter is, not many Vets have the ability and know how to apply the Laws and such. too many of us took the mentality, that we were ASKING for something we had earned by an Oath and Affirmation. These are OURS ladies and gentlemen, it's a PERCEPTION we need to begin to incorporate how we deal with the VA. too long have they told Congress and the American people that they were gonna be Big Br---Papa and take care of us Vets, how condescending and vitriolic. we mostly can take care of ourselves, IF GIVEN THE DAMN TOOLS WE NEED. i say we start to act like who we really are, people who earned what is our, that if the LAW is on our side, it is not only morally, politically, and Constitutionally reprehensible. 

Hello and thanks for the response.  Have you been awarded a rating for PTSD?

No, i am rewarded for Persistent Depressive Disorder. My first Claim was for PTSD with Anger and Depression. they kicked it out cuz i got phukt by a state paid VSO. my lawyer has informed me of what he's going for, it's solid, the only evidence i needed was right in the very C&P Exsm that gave me Hell lol. i got approved the day after my C&P, got my retro 2 days later in the bank lol. and i sent them a copy of my Social Security Statement, you know so they can get me TDIU by the standards of the Law. my lawyer also sent alllllll my records to a Vocational Rehabilitation Expert who also Testify's before the BVA, SS Judges, etc....so i will in the end, maybe a couple years from now Rated 100% P&T Disabled and enjoy the added benefits of it. but till then, i creep around here and literally give out my opinions on shate.

im going for 70%