VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exam today

Rate this question

saxman

Question

I had my C& P exam today for my headaches residual of TBI and hemorrhoids.  The examiner just asked a few questions and measured the scar on my head from my head injury.  She also said that she didn't need to see my hemorrhoids because they never go away and she doesn't need to see them.  She also said that she can only ask me questions regarding my TBI and that she can not see inside my head.  She asked if I had any MRI or CT scan and I said no.  Is this normal for these type  of exams?  Thanks for your input!!!

4 answers to this question

What expert title did your examiner have? Neurologist, psychiatrist,.. ?

I didn't have a C&P, but I had an introductory neuro-physical and TBI questions exam like you with my new second health care provider Neurologist in the TBI department. I get my CT scan next week, but yours was an exam, so it sounds like you are done. They are just curious as am I about my CT scan, and they are not doing any radioactive dye mediums. It's too late now to do anything for either of us now, and your scar is all they need to see along with your questions.

I hope you are feeling better Saxman! If you have a TBI department at your hospital, you should get your health care provider to sign you up to a second TBI HCP and TBI Case worker! They help you get anything you want and fight the rest of the hospital for you. It's just a thought: you have earned it!

Peace.

Edited by armorer

Over 24 thousand vets with TBI exams might have not gotten the exam done by a doctor with full expertise in TBI.

I posted some info on that yesterday. VA is contacting vets who had faulty C & Ps to give  them the option to get a new exam.

The exam could raise their TBI % or even lower it.

Thanks Berta, and armorer!  armorer i don't know what her title is.  I guess I could find out when she does the report and I look it up.  

On 7/22/2016 at 8:55 PM, saxman said:

She also said that she didn't need to see my hemorrhoids because they never go away and she doesn't need to see them

No not on their own but if they cause you pain, then you can have them removed.  Trust me I know....I have had the surgery twice to include an anal fissure and it's no fun but I am glad I did the surgeries so I don't have to live with the hemorrhoids.

You should have been seen by a GS or Proctologist for the hemorrhoids.  They have to determine the severity of them based on the S/C % that is allowed.