VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ltr From St. Petersburg RO

Rate this question

Prettypantha

Question

Good Evening Fellow Comrades!

I've recently filed a NOD for several contentions that were rated service-connect with a 0%. According to the letter that I received today, the VA received my written disagreement on June 2, 2016 (I thought that was rather quick). Can someone please read over it and give me some insight to what the letter actually mean? Thank you to everyone who uses their time and knowledge helping us!

image.jpeg

1 answer to this question

It means your have filed a Notice of Disagreement (NOD) about a unfavorable decision and requested a Decision Review Officer (DRO) at the Regional Office (RO) to review your case and see if he will overturn the decision.  You will be provided a personal hearing or a video conference if you are too far away.  This will be a formal/informal hearing.  Once done the DRO will send you his decision and a copy of the recorded hearing typed out.  If he still denies your claim you may then request a Board of Veterans Appeal BVA case.  You can let your veterans service organization (VSO) represent you at the BVA or can request a traveling board to see you.

So right now there is nothing necessary for you to do but sit tight and wait for your hearing.

Check out Asknod's post 

Edited by vetquest