VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD DBQ opinion

Rate this question

wablackwell

Question

Hello HADIT Community, I have an Intent to file in for a while now and I am finally got all the evidence I have been waiting for. I would like your opinion on the following DBQ. My concerns are that the I had I GAF score of 53 and that this was filled out by a psychologist and not a psychiatrist. My psychiatrist did not want to fill out any VA forms but he did write me a letter stated in his opinion that I was unemployable and the reasons he thought that.

DBQPG1.PNGDBQPG2.PNGDBQPG3.PNGDBQPG4.PNGDBQPG5.PNGDBQPG6.PNG

the one thing that this whole "FDC" bullshit does is make me irritated at an already egregious system. it's a slight bit fear mongering to cause panic and disorder to a Vet, WHO obviously needs help since we're signing up for Disability and all. guess what, you don't NEED a year to put together a well thought out and itemized claim. That whole, you better do it in a year or your screwed thing is B.S. The only system i've EVER seen take nearly a year to get paperwork filed is THE GOD DAMN VA 

take your TIME, you'll be fine. never allow anyone to send anything to anywhere without you at least triple checking it.

Good Luck

WABLACK

You either currently do or don't have PTSD, let the VA Rating Dept decide. Do the PTSD FDC on your E-Ben site. Indicate all your Medical records are with your VMC, then hit the SUBMIT Button. Sit back, relax and let the VA do it's work. You should get a PTSD C & P Exam in a couple months. The C & P PTSD DBQ is the only (1) that matters. Review the PTSD DBQ prior to your C & P.

You don't need to wait, while your attempting to gather additional evidence or DBQ's from other MH Clinicians, waste of time with PTSD. Go with what is currently "Evidence of Record."

Semper Fi