VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need advice

Rate this question

treysnonna

Question

Ok my husband has Ann appeal in since11/12 for chronic renal failure secondary to diabetes.  There is a new claim in ebenifits, which we did not do.  It is saying for cornary heart disease RFE.  I'm assuming that means renal failur evaluation.  So I'm assuming again they are going to try and approve it asso with the heart disease.  We put in  for the heart disease 7/14.  He was diagnosed with diabetic nephropathy by his private nephrologist.  What are they trying to do?  The appeal is still up.  We have not gotten anything from them.  No docket no etc.  but he would loose a lot of back pay is what I'm thinking.  Any thoughts ?  From anyone. 

They denied  claim for chronic kidney disease secondary to diabetes, because when then checked his urine from the  they make you urinate in, they claim it did not have any protein urea in it.  So they are basically saying it cannot be secondary to diabetes.  However that is what his private nepthrologist says it is.  Renal diabites type ll.  I have found several articles that say you do not always have proteinuera,. In fact it is a study of va patients.  I'm going to send those in.  They also denied increase in diabetes.    we called Peggy toady, but not much info.  She did give me number for bva.  I called them and got his docket number which was put in Jan 15,. And they are working on July 14.  So it looks like a wait. Vi ask her about the new claim, and she said it was at the regional office, and she could not talk to me about it.  I told her he did not put that claim in.  She said only him or some one put it for him.  So I'm thinking about mistake has been made.  I think that is someone else claim.  Now will it end up holding our appeal up?  I may end up callin Jeff Miller.  Someone needs to stop all these stupid mistakes.   Now I did ask if you guys have any idea, if they will go ahead and grant p and t.  Because of the question on the dbq, asking if the doc felt he was able to work, and he checked no, even though we did not file for this?   One the new claim I'm going to give it a week and then start pressing them to find out what is going on.  Since we did not it it in.  Find out whose it is.  If they cannot find out, I'm sure Miller can persuade them.

His vet rep might have put in for TDIU for him?

Or maybe it is due to this?

"Because of the question on the dbq, asking if the doc felt he was able to work, and he checked no "

You have good evidence with those articles:

"I have found several articles that say you do not always have proteinuera,. In fact it is a study of va patients. "

However it would Much better if you can get the private nephrologist to give them an IMO based on the articles as well as his complete medical rationale that the renal disease is secondary to his DMII.

I will try to get his doc to do that.  But it is going to be like pulling teeth.  Even though  he put his diagnosis on paper.  I don't know if he will do it.   because . When I ask him if he could put that his diabetes was more than 50 percent the cause of his kidney failure.  I really do not like him.  He said something one time about veterans getting to much.  If he won't I may just get another doctor.  But my point that is what he diagnoised him with, so why can you not say that.  Then maybe he has not been treating for the proper  reason.  Maybe I will say that to him, if I go with my hubby to his next visit.  In the first place he is not doing crap for him.  Other than reading his labs.  Oh did forget to say my hubbys gfr was 42 at that appt  cp..    Thanks Berta.  

Berta and Gastone,. Now it is showing the appeal with his representitive.  So does that mean someone at the bva.  Or what?  The other claim is still showing on ebenifits.

I think that means someone from your POA will prepare a 646.

The 646 is explained here under a search.

When the 646 is finished ,then the claim is formally transferred to the BVA and gets a docket number.