VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pending Decision Approval & 2nd C&P

Rate this question

mtmorical

Question

Hi Everyone! First, thank you to everyone through March and April that helped me through the TKR and temp 100% process!

At the advice of many here, my doctors, and my VSO I filed for 2 claims secondary to my right knee. I filed SC for my left knee because the doctors expressed concern over my left knee for a TKR before the right, at that time my right knee was the only condition that was SC'd so I did the right knee and currently I am on temp 100. At the end of April I filed for SC for my left knee and for my lower back, which are the conditions that have been noted by the VA doctor. I had my C&P at the end of May, my VSO says that the C&P notes are favorable to me (good news right)? Today I checked the claim to see where it was at and it says, Pending decision approval, and then in the information needed is says VA medical center by 8/29/16, I looked at upcoming appointments and it shows that there was one appointment requested today 7/30/16. There is no doubt that my left knee is connected to my right, I have compensated on my left for years due to the pain and awkward gait of my right to the point that I have a really bad gait on my left now, and very limited movement without alot of pain, which the examiner was very concerned about. My lower back, my back hurts in what I assume is due to walking so funny because of knees and limits my ability for bending and picking up items.

I filed for my dependents to be added and that was completed in May, however at that time the didnt pay me for one month because my son (who's a college student) was on spring break, my VSO went back and forth and finally the rater agreed it should of been paid, so that does show as a pending disability.

Could the pending decision approval be for that one month? Although when they were approved and added  as a dependents they were not a claim for disability it was a dependent claim and didnt really show up underclaims, and there wasnt away to see the status of that the way there is to see the claim for disability. SO there was no pending decision approval or notification status for dependents at all???

How can I possibly be at pending decision approval with another request for what I am assuming is a C&P?

Does this mean that they have decided on one of the conditions and wants more info for another?

Is it possible that it will stay in pending decision approval until they receive the 2nd C&P results?

Or is it probably in approval for the 1 month they didnt pay me on my dependent?

Edited by mtmorical
More info

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

The VA can complete one of your conditions and defer the other. Really hard to tell with Ebenefits. My claim is at Review of Evidence currently. Just try not to let the process wear you down. Good luck and keep us posted