VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dental implants availability

Rate this question

conserve

Question

Hi all,

I have read that only certain va's do dental implants. I am  100% p&t and lucky enough to own a.home on wheels. So I was hoping to get a list of places that do implants. I have also read that you have to live in one of these areas to qualify. Can always start motorhome and move into a area. Thank you for all you do here.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

2 hours ago, conserve said:

Hi all,

I have read that only certain va's do dental implants. I am  100% p&t and lucky enough to own a.home on wheels. So I was hoping to get a list of places that do implants. I have also read that you have to live in one of these areas to qualify. Can always start motorhome and move into a area. Thank you for all you do here.

I am not aware of only some areas doing them, I do have to travel to our regional hospital to have them done and from start to finish takes over a year (many places that do them same day are not doing long term implants that are highly successful) and the oral surgeon decides if you are a good candidate or not.  What is best for one person, may not be for another and I doubt the VA would do more than a few at a time, age, etc. are also considerations.  I know my local va dentist advocated for me to have implants (3 teeth all different side, top, bottom) because multiple bridges, etc. at my age and with my other health issues weren't the best option for me.  I would have your local va dentist refer you to an oral surgeon that does them as close as possible to see if you are a candidate or not.