VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Very Worried Please Help With My Question

Rate this question

Solomon69

Question

So the status of my claim for migraines changed last week to completed and on my list of disabilities it has it listed there as 0 percent and service connected.. now i haven't received my brown envelope yet. Now the question is, should i assume the rating i got is what is listed on my disabilities list? or is it not updated until i receive my brown packet with the decision?

Below is what it shows.. Also i checked my letters and they are not up to date , they are still posting the same date as when i first started my original claim

Rated Disabilities

Disability Rating Decision Related To Effective Date
unspecified anxiety disorder, depressive disorder and other trauma and stressor related disorder (also claimed as PTSD, sleep disturbances/insomnia, severe mood swings, suicidal/homicidal thoughts, hallucinations, social isolation) 50% Service Connected

Disability Evaluation System (DES)

02/28/2016
low back condition   Not Service Connected    
migraines 0% Service Connected   02/28/2016
left lower extremity radiculopathy   Not Service Connected    
tinnitus 10% Service Connected   02/28/2016
right lower extremity radiculopathy   Not Service Connected    

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit!

Because your letters are not up to date, that may be a sign that they are still doing the internal housekeeping related to your claim.

I copied the migraine rating criteria below. To get 0%, you had to have less frequent attacks.

http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?rgn=div5;node=38:1.0.1.1.5#se38.1.4_1124a

Rating
8100   Migraine:  
With very frequent completely prostrating and prolonged attacks productive of severe economic inadaptability 50
With characteristic prostrating attacks occurring on an average once a month over last several months 30
With characteristic prostrating attacks averaging one in 2 months over last several months 10
With less frequent attacks 0

My recommendation:
- Keep a migraine diary
- Compare the Big Brown Envelope (BBE) findings against the rating criteria

thank you!.. i reported during my Exam , i was/currently having 3-5 a week and i even had my migraine log with me but the examiner said he didn't need to see it that's why i was very confused as to why it even said 0 percent.. if they are still working on the percentage portion then i'd rather it say Working  in progress or something. 

26 minutes ago, Solomon69 said:

thank you!.. i reported during my Exam , i was/currently having 3-5 a week and i even had my migraine log with me but the examiner said he didn't need to see it that's why i was very confused as to why it even said 0 percent.. if they are still working on the percentage portion then i'd rather it say Working  in progress or something. 

Sometimes strange things happen. I have had C&P examiners refuse evidence.

1. See if you can get a copy of the disability questionnaire (DBQ) and/or C&P exam results form
2. Read the entire document (all checkboxes and fields). The C&P examiner is supposed to provide medical rationale regarding their decision.

It is possible that the C&P examiner might have checked the wrong box and/or wrote comments in a different field.

It is also possible that VA raters might look for certain checkbox locations on the DBQ/C&P exam and ignore other fields.

The VA rater might not be completely finished. The VA rater could have been working on your claims and then went home for the weekend.

If human error occurred, then you can request the VA reconsider the evidence. I personally had the VA rater typo a range of motion measurement which caused a lowball rating.

• HadIt.com Elder

Good advice from Vync!!!

16 hours ago, Solomon69 said:

thank you guys for your answers.. once i get my envelope ill post my readings.. if i get them in a reasonable time of course

Good luck! Hoping for good news for you